Install new firmware and/or TV/Movie library on UE-46C6005

Support for C series TVs that all user could ask. Please do not ask a questions at other forums.

Zarc

Install new firmware and/or TV/Movie library on UE-46C6005

Post by Zarc »

Hello everyone here at SamyGO. I would very much appreciate your help on my quest to improve my entertainment system without purchasing any new equipment. I found this site after googling around a bit trying to find answers on whether what I would like to do is at all possible, and if so, how to do it. Before explaining what I am hoping to be able to do let me just give you some background information:

- I am a complete rookie on all of this and all information I have here is what I have been given to understand from googling.
- My TV's model number is UE-46C6005, which I am given to understand is "just the Scandinavian version of UE-46C6000".
- The firmware of my TV is T-VAL6DEUC-1017.0, which is the latest version. Just before I started googling on this did a firmware upgrade because I hadn't done it for 4 years and naive as I am I thought maybe Samsung had perhaps added or improved some features since then and wanted to check it out before I started looking around for custom firmware or something like that (I recently installed custom firmware on my Asus router, that's how I got inspired). From what I am given to understand this might have been a mistake. If necessary, I hope it is possible to downgrade.
- While I have found a bunch of information about how to do stuff with C-series models, a lot of that information has been valid for models with "Internet@TV" only. And my TV is a model without Internet@TV.

Now, here is what I am hoping to be able to do:

- I would like to add a media browsing application to my TV; looking something like XBMC or Plex. I say "media browsing application" because I'm not interested in running say XBMC on my PC or from a RaspberryPi; because I am happy with the existing player on my TV; all my movies and tv-series are .mkv files and it can play those, and it can turn on/off my .srt subtitles etc. So as such I would prefer to continue utilizing the power of the TV to play my media, and not outsource that to my PC through an HDMI cable or anything like that. If my understanding is accurate XBMC is not even an option for a samsung TV because there is no support for it. Plex do run on (some) Samsung TVs, but it is not only a "media browsing application", rather it requires a PC that actually runs the movie and streams it to the TV. Thus I'm looking for something else than these, or if it is only possible to use the Plex "media browsing"-part that would be nice. Please correct me if I'm wrong, this is just what I have come to understand from some recent googling. Anyway; because my TV is a C-Series model without "Internet@TV" I will never be able to give my TV internet access, so I wouldn't be able to have a "media browsing application" that works by fetching data from the internet. I have however connected my TV to my LAN, and through Samsung Link been able to access a hard-drive connected to my Asus router. So if I could install a "media browsing" library with which you can download and store media browsing data locally I could store that information about all my movies and tv series on that hard-drive, while having the application installed on my TV and read data from the hard-drive. In other words; I would like to browse to replace the folder structure of the built-in media player with a nice looking "media browsing application" with cover images and descriptions etc of all shows and movies I have. Basically just a face-lift.

So basically if I install SamyGO to my TV; is there any such application as I described above available that I could use? Or would I do a lot of work installing SamyGO just to find out there is no such "media browsing application".

I hope you can guide me to some instructions etc that would give me the information I need to do this, but if not I guess I will simply have to live with the built-in media player like before. :)

Thanks in advance!
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Install new firmware and/or TV/Movie library on UE-46C60

Post by beatfreak »

Your main Problem is T-VAL6DEUC, it means that you have the shrinked Version of T-VALDEUC and only 128MB instead of 1GB internal flash memory.

AFAIK using SamyGO is still possible through updating via modified dns server see related thread

The main advantage for you could be having your media files, that you wish to play with TVs standard media player, stored on USB-HDD connected to your router that is shared via NFS and the TV works a if your HDD was connected directly to TVs USB ports. This can be done with SamyGO

SamyGO does not bring improvements in media compatibility.
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
tempinbox

Post by tempinbox »

If you want one browser application you can try serviio it's a good dlna server but you have to install it on pc and then you can browse your collection on tv and play it with the tv media player. Its a very good dlna server and with it you can watch on tv videos that are not stored on pc or on hard disk but are stored on the net. I use it to see live media streaming rtsp,rtmp apple hls on my tv and it work very well. You read right Live streaming. In addiction it can play any vod contenent but you have to find the direct link first.
It use ffmpeg for direct transcoding if it is necessary but my link works without transcoding.
Give it a try. It isn't opensource but you have 15day fully functional trial.

If you want you can install patched fw and mount your collection such as samba or nfs share like beatfreak says but with this you can't see content on the net. If you want internet@tv you can change your tv mainboard and get one with valdeuc fw but it's obsolete now.
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

but for serviio you have to have a pc on your lan up and running for the transcoding and upnp processing, a routers cpu is mostly too weak for this
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //

~.
tempinbox

Post by tempinbox »

beatfreak wrote:but for serviio you have to have a pc on your lan up and running for the transcoding and upnp processing, a routers cpu is mostly too weak for this
yes i wrote that the pc is needed but is the only option for c series owners it's the best solutions that i've find to watch stream on c series.
the transcoding is needingonly if the file isn't supported by default.
But if you find *.ts streaming is not needed. it would be great if someone port a upnpdlna server like servio that runs on tv.
Another option that you can try is samygoextension and xupnpd (search in forum there is a thread by juuso) --> http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/How_watch_IPTV
--> viewtopic.php?t=2952
but the serviio way is more simple.
Xupnpd can be installed on tv or on router and the pc is not needed but i have valdeuc c series so i don't know if it will work on val6deuc.
Give it a try and post here the result. :)
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

tempinbox wrote:
beatfreak wrote:but for serviio you have to have a pc on your lan up and running for the transcoding and upnp processing, a routers cpu is mostly too weak for this
yes i wrote that the pc is needed but is the only option for c series owners it's the best solutions that i've find to watch stream on c series.
the transcoding is needingonly if the file isn't supported by default.
But if you find *.ts streaming is not needed. it would be great if someone port a upnpdlna server like servio that runs on tv.
Another option that you can try is samygoextension and xupnpd (search in forum there is a thread by juuso) --> http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/How_watch_IPTV
--> viewtopic.php?t=2952
but the serviio way is more simple.
Xupnpd can be installed on tv or on router and the pc is not needed but i have valdeuc c series so i don't know if it will work on val6deuc.
Give it a try and post here the result. :)
There is dlnaserver for TV (media tomb) I think I have posted it already. The problem is that tv doesn't detect itself :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

even if the samy could detect and use its own mediatomb
does mediatomb support fetching various online streams? i mean for media on the LAN its way easier to put it on a nfs share as with "local" drives the compatibility is higher that via upnp
except for *.flv and such formats that have to be transcoded for tv, i still use mediatomb for this

~.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

beatfreak wrote:even if the samy could detect and use its own mediatomb
does mediatomb support fetching various online streams? i mean for media on the LAN its way easier to put it on a nfs share as with "local" drives the compatibility is higher that via upnp
except for *.flv and such formats that have to be transcoded for tv, i still use mediatomb for this
media tomb supports everything. The limitations is what tv supports :) TV doesn't support dlna servers on it's own ip, and no no workaround :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

Return to “[C] Support”