[App] Rooting E and F Bluray Players (no Cinavia ;))

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

Timmy1024

Re: [App] Rooting E and F Bluray Players (no Cinavia ;))

Post by Timmy1024 »

sectroyer wrote:
Timmy1024 wrote:
Could you check my message above? Do you think this would work on a HT-F9730W that has firmware 1020?

Thanks again
Yeah from what I know it should work with your firmware :)
Thanks sec; I'll donate and try it soon then.

Is there a way to disable updated in the Home Theater similar to the "OTN Support" (with service mode) on the TVs, or the only option to disable is the "Auto Update" on the regular user menu?

Thanks
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Timmy1024 wrote: Is there a way to disable updated in the Home Theater similar to the "OTN Support" (with service mode) on the TVs, or the only option to disable is the "Auto Update" on the regular user menu?

Thanks
Disabling "auto Update" from regular menu (both for TV and Bluray) disabled auto update while device is ON not while it's OFF :) Samsung may automatically update your device as soon as you turn it off :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
Timmy1024

Post by Timmy1024 »

sectroyer wrote:
Timmy1024 wrote: Is there a way to disable updated in the Home Theater similar to the "OTN Support" (with service mode) on the TVs, or the only option to disable is the "Auto Update" on the regular user menu?

Thanks
Disabling "auto Update" from regular menu (both for TV and Bluray) disabled auto update while device is ON not while it's OFF :) Samsung may automatically update your device as soon as you turn it off :)
Great information, thanks! So, is there a way for the Home Theater (similar to the Service Menu on the TV) to disable the updates completely? Thanks
Timmy1024

Post by Timmy1024 »

By the way, do you know if these BD Player (the F series for example) play BMDV folders on BD-R with menus and everything? I mean, when you make a backup of a Bluray and play it back, would these Samsung devices play it fine (Java menus, PiP, etc.)? Maybe if rooted?

Thanks
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Timmy1024 wrote: Great information, thanks! So, is there a way for the Home Theater (similar to the Service Menu on the TV) to disable the updates completely? Thanks
Currently we don'g know anything about it.
Timmy1024 wrote:By the way, do you know if these BD Player (the F series for example) play BMDV folders on BD-R with menus and everything? I mean, when you make a backup of a Bluray and play it back, would these Samsung devices play it fine (Java menus, PiP, etc.)? Maybe if rooted?
I wouldn't want to waste 10$ on a BD-R disk and even more $ for recorder :) Not interested in your problem. Everything plays fine from USB and that's all I care ;)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
Timmy1024

Post by Timmy1024 »

I just got me a BD Burner, I haven't burnt anything yet, but I would like to have a nice backup of live concerts in Blu-Rays, with menu and all. :D

And also, you know that audio via USB doesn't play with DTS-Master and Dolby TrueHD (lossless formats); that only works via Blu-Ray :)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Timmy1024 wrote:I just got me a BD Burner, I haven't burnt anything yet, but I would like to have a nice backup of live concerts in Blu-Rays, with menu and all. :D
Don't worry, you'll have menus on backups ;)

(...and Cinavia :mrgreen: )
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Timmy1024

Post by Timmy1024 »

zoelechat wrote:
Timmy1024 wrote:I just got me a BD Burner, I haven't burnt anything yet, but I would like to have a nice backup of live concerts in Blu-Rays, with menu and all. :D
Don't worry, you'll have menus on backups ;)

(...and Cinavia :mrgreen: )
LOL :D

But with this "rooting patch" the Cinavia on the backups wouldn't get triggered, right? 8-)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Timmy1024 wrote:
LOL :D

But with this "rooting patch" the Cinavia on the backups wouldn't get triggered, right? 8-)
Exactly :)
MichaelN

Post by MichaelN »

Hello again, I'm pleased you've solved the CINAVIA issue in the models E and F of the Blu-Ray players. I'd like to cheer you on the keep further investigating about these players (I have the BD-F8500) so it's possible to watch recorded shows in the computer (SRF to TS).
Congratulations to the samygo team and I hope to see results in the future. Of course, I'll be donating for the cause.
Greetings from Spain.

Return to “BluRay Players”