Installing widgets via FTP - I'm stuck

General forum talking area for F series TVs.

AlexBlomkvist
SamyGO Project Donor

Installing widgets via FTP - I'm stuck

Post by AlexBlomkvist »

Hi,

After trying for hours, I decided to ask for your help.

After rooting, I can't seem to figure out how to install apps/widgets via FTP. I am able to FTP but I couldn't install the apps from different regions.

Basically, first I changed the country to the region I need apps from, installed the apps and then connected vis ftp and coppied the folders containing the apps data from /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/normal.

After this, I changed the country again and I coppied the folders back to the TV in the following location as seen on another website: /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user. I had to create the "user" folder because it was missing. I was even logged as developer but the apps never showed up, not even restarting. I started from scratch after a factory default but nothing changed.

Acu ideas what I did wrong. Can someone else please share the corect approach?

Another, apparently easier process would be using SmartHub Widget Manager BUT for this to work I need to apply the SamyGO AnalFix. This .so patches that installation security check when trying to install user widgets that use functions/features user widgets are not allowed to use.

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=7416&p=56376

The thing is I really DO NOT understand the instructions. I do not understand what should I do with the files and where to insert those codes. the instructions are not provided maybe because this is really obvious to everyone else....but me to me apparently.

Can someone help? I just need to get the apps on my TV, one way or the other.

Thank you.
mirel
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Installing widgets via FTP - I'm stuck

Post by mirel »

AlexBlomkvist
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by AlexBlomkvist »

Thank you but that's the exact same "how to" I followed in the first place and...well, it didn't work.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Can't you find all widgets you need there: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=8430 and install them directly to /user?
Most, if not all, widgets in /normal are encrypted and I think you first have to decrypt them before being able to copy them to /user: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=6821
About AnalFix usage, check other patches threads for how-to, there are tons of them where procedure is more detailed, and they're all working the same way...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
AlexBlomkvist
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by AlexBlomkvist »

I knew about that link but I wasn't aware that I can install them directly to user as well, after unzipping then, but it really works so this is really great.

I didn't keep the usb drive connected any more and the apps are still there. I'm guessing that once rooted, the usb drive is no longer needed and I'm not at risk of loosing my user apps. The usb drive is only needed initially to run the samygo app, that roots the TV, correct?

Thanks a lot for this!

Regarding AnalFix or any other patch for that matter, I really couldn't find clear instructions on how to apply them. All of them have a piece of code, sometime they say "use telnet, give permission", then there are another few strings of code and that's it. No other info. Maybe I'm to noob to understand but I never had problems before following clear instructions with positive results, even difficult ones.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

AlexBlomkvist wrote:The usb drive is only needed initially to run the samygo app, that roots the TV, correct?
NO, I'd be you I'd replug it ASAP. You won't loose apps but you'll loose root :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
AlexBlomkvist
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by AlexBlomkvist »

YUP, I re-plugged the USB drive but it was too late. I lost root and upon trying to connect over FTP I get: "Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server". Doubtless to say that I tried to root again but I get the same error. It happened to me before and the only way to root it again is doing a Factory Reset first, which I will not do right now, as I have all the apps I need for now.

In the future, after I will eventually root again, I will keep the USB drive containing the root files connected to the second USB slot (the one for the camera) at all times. It gets recognised there as well, and this way I can use the other slot for connecting my external HDD.

Thanks again.

Return to “[F] General”