SamygoPVR - Record TV over USB or network location.

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

sorcerer1
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Record TV over USB

Post by sorcerer1 »

SamygoPVR v0.10.2: minor release.

Changes:
  • load all the exeDSP & SDL symbols using dlopen() / dlsym()
    allowing SamygoPVR to run on TVs which don't have some of the functions
    (no more undefined symbols in loader.log!)
  • minor bugfixes
Thanks to jssr & langerhans for testing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sorcerer1
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sorcerer1 »

stef-lrx, unfortunatelly Samsung removed spIPvr_Rec* functions from CHU7DEUC-3001.1's exeDSP. Some functions like spIPvr_RecOpen() and spIPvr_RecStart() still present but they are just empty. You have to downgrade to one of the previous firmwares to get PVR working.

himym, please look at your pvr.log file to get why PVR cannot record.

meinsource, you can use PC tools such as mkvmerge to "fix" recorded videos to play them on TV.
nbd

Post by nbd »

Hello, I have a few suggestios.

1) Currently the EGP is not 100% in sync with the actual broadcast (or the TV clock is not in sync), and the problem is that when the next program is already showing, the Info button still shows the previous and the recording gets the filename from the previous program.

My idea is to detect that when the recording starts at the very end of the current program, the filename would be taken from the next EGP entry.

2) Pressing REC several times, the recording end time could be altered, something like 30min 60min 90min 120min 180min 240min Contiuous, and those choices would be looped, so pressing REC after Continuous would give the 30min option again. This ending could be triggered by external script(is there a cron running) which would trigger the STOP button (wasn't there a program for sending key commands?)

3) When recording many programs in a row, it would be neat if the recorder would split each program to its own file. This could be also done with a cron job if there is a way to read the EGP with some external program. Then it would trigger STOP and REC commands between the programs.
nostromo1983

Post by nostromo1983 »

Nice suggestions by nbd, agree with him. But i have an issue with audio switch on my B550, when i start playing a MKV file with mediaplayer, exeDSP is crashing and i need then to shut and restart the TV electrically. I can provide coredump if needed. Also it seems aspact ration button on FAC.CH button is not working as expected with the records, i still have not fullscreen, but i need to do more testing.
Nevertheless so far it's great work by sorcrer and all the team.
Samsung LE32B554 T-CH5DEUC 2006.0 with patched u-boot for usb boot with OpenEmbedded custom kernel with network supported and usb rootfs
nbd

Post by nbd »

Hello, I have a bunch of recordings and I'm looking for a solution for the audio problem. The AudioSwitch did not help (tried both versions), ffmpeg shows the streams as:

Stream #0.0[0x642](swe): Audio: mp3, 0 channels, s16
Stream #0.1[0x645](fin): Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 192 kb/s
Stream #0.2[0x648](eng): Audio: ac3, 0 channels, s16
Stream #0.3[0x641]: Video: h264, yuv420p, 1920x1080 [PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 25 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc

mkvmerge cannot handle mpeg transport stream files, and any of the available video editors for Linux couldn't handle those either (well one or two did, but they choked on the big files which were several GBs)

The fastest way so far was:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -i input.ts -vcodec copy -acodec copy -scodec copy -map 0:3 -map 0:1 output.ts
First I tried to do mkv, but it didn't play well on mplayer/vlc, so I didn't bother to try on TV.

Edit: Still haven't found a way to preserve subtitles, though. VLC plays them fine from the original .ts but all attempts to extract/copy those have failed. The latest mplayer/ffmpeg did contain code to detect those, but still they just disappear even when I do direct copies from video/audio/sub streams (-vcodec copy -acodec copy -scodec copy)
Last edited by nbd on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
nbd

Post by nbd »

tolou wrote:Make sure you have AUDIO_SWITCH=OFF in the pvr.ini before trying to demux any recorded files.
Are you saying that the AUDIO_SWITCH affects the outcome of the recordings somehow?

Return to “[B] Software”