How to switch off the burn-in mode? (48H6200)

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Giffo

How to switch off the burn-in mode? (48H6200)

Post by Giffo »

Hi guys, I'm going crazy with this problem: my TV remains powered on and flashes red, green, blue, white. It don't respond to the remote control and the only way to power off is to remove the power cord. I've read that it's entered in "burn-in mode". How can I fix this problem?

Thank you in advance ;)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: How to switch off the burn-in mode? (48H6200)

Post by zoelechat »

Did it enter itself in that mode for no reason??
TV have similar behavior when FACTORY key has been sent. So I guess you have to find a way to send that key once again:
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5?title= ... SPEED_keys
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Giffo

Post by Giffo »

I was sending the ir code to unlock the local set via PC-Ir transmitter. Maybe I make a mistake "playing" a wrong wav file? Is there some combination of wav file to switch off this mode?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I don't think you did a mistake, it's just known that for some TVs FACTORY+3SPEED.wav send keys "too fast" and consequently only FACTORY is caught. That's why only sending FACTORY once again should be enough to "unlock" your TV.

Then, better use INFO (from real remote) + FACTORY.wav (alone) while TV is ON to access extended service menu...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Giffo

Post by Giffo »

You're right! Solved! Thanks ;)
bkcoughlin

Post by bkcoughlin »

Hello,

Resurrecting an old post here, as I have a TV that's doing the same thing. However, I've had no luck with getting it out of this mode.

I have a UN58MU6071FXZA that was given to me because they couldn't get it to stop flashing red, blue, green on the screen. I have no idea how it got into this mode, but I highly doubt the person that gave it to me knows anything about service menus or anything technical.

So, I built an Arduino IR transmitter to throw the Factory code at it (and also tried other sequences) but it doesn't kick it out of this mode.

I did notice that the screen colors would dim ever so slightly when the "Info > Factory > 3speed" sequence was sent, almost as if there was something coming up under the solid colors.

Does this sound like a hardware issue at this point?

Thanks for any help.
bk
bkcoughlin

Post by bkcoughlin »

Anyone?

Return to “[H] Support”