firmware downgrade

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

bombolo

firmware downgrade

Post by bombolo »

Hi guys!
What is the procedure steps for a firmware downgrade?
thx
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: firmware downgrade

Post by zoelechat »

Step 1 - No downgrade possible.
Step 2 - Done :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
bombolo

Post by bombolo »

really? on old series it was possible to do with an "zero" firmware... I dont remember the exact name of the zero firmware.. but on serie C I was doind the downgrade...
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

bombolo wrote:really? on old series it was possible to do with an "zero" firmware... I dont remember the exact name of the zero firmware.. but on serie C I was doind the downgrade...
You barely bought J and you IMMEDIATELY want to downgrade ? :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

bombolo wrote:I dont remember the exact name of the zero firmware.. but on serie C I was doind the downgrade...
Firmware was called 0000 and year was called 2010 :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
bombolo

Post by bombolo »

I explain you why I ask this question:

recently Samsung sent some updates to my smart tv j7000 40 inch...
after that a banner on top of tv was appearing every time I power on tv... the messages was something like that "trasponders are updates you must use automatic memorization or manual memorization - press OK"

every time I was power on tv the same message was appearing.. only a regular reset (from regular menu - no service menu) has been able to remove this message.
but.. after this reset the second remote control (the touch remote control) was not working anymore.. I was crazy to find what was the problem with this second remote... I was thinking the remote control is Death.. but when I open the remote, trying to change batteryes I notice a printed image inside the remote to pair the the remote with tv..
so I pressed the two buttons at the same time for 3 seconds on the second remote and magically work again...

So... this firmware udate is creating a lot of caos and really nothing new..

BTW now I deactivated the upgrade firmware inside the regular menu of the tv (not the service menu).. I hope this is OK.. actually I do not changed nothing inside the service menu...

there is a difference if I disable automatic menu from regular menu or if I disable from service menu? any difference??
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

bombolo wrote: there is a difference if I disable automatic menu from regular menu or if I disable from service menu? any difference??
Yes. Disabling "service menu" disables updates. Disabling in "regular menu" disables updates while TV is ON (it still auto updates while OFF) :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

Return to “[J] Support”