BD-E6500 downgrade

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

ralsam
SamyGO Project Donor

BD-E6500 downgrade

Post by ralsam »

Hi everyone!

I am new here and just started reading the topics related to may problem but there happens to be too much information on the subject and I am getting really confused...

First about my problem:
I have the BD-6500 player and it was playing quite good until the 1065 firmware upgrade. I never tried rooting or hacking in any way the player and left it every time to upgrade itself but this time I am really sorry I did the upgrade.
Now after 1065 the player reacts much slower and stopped playing some 3D blu-ray discs. I was hoping to have the problem fixed with the new 1066 firmware but it got even worst after 1066.
Now it still does not play 3D blu-ray discs giving the message that the disc can not be played and I have to clean it and so on...
Moreover, now it is really slow and started to stuck (stop randomly and misfit picture and audio) on almost all movies I play from the USB port.
I really want to downgrade the firmware to an earlier and more stable version.
I found a topic about setting the DNS to a specific address but there were several different DNS settings and I do not know which one to use.
Can someone please tell me the correct DNS settings (address) I have to set in order to try to connect to SamyGo server and downgrade my player.
And if the player is not supported by SamyGo server for downgrade could someone please let me know of any other method of fixing my problem...
Thank you in advance for the help!

Return to “BluRay Players”