STB Channel List ?

Here for general support for F series TVs, request and problem solve area.

samsungslocks

STB Channel List ?

Post by samsungslocks »

How do you use the Channel List of a different provider from your STB?

I am using a satellite decoder STB which is compatible with the Samsung Universal Remote (IR Blaster). However no channel list is available for the provider. So I am trying to use the channel list of another provider.

I was briefly able to get this to work whilst playing with the TV, by trying to add the STB to the On TV Screen (MENU > Smart Features > On TV Settings) I then entered my UK Postcode and selected a provider. I was able to use my previously mapped Universal Remote (MENU > System > Device Manager) with the CH.LIST button showing the listing from the provider chosen in the On TV Settings. I could select the channel in the list and the IR blaster would switch the STB over. This is exactly as I wanted this feature to work.

However I decided to change the provider to a different regional provider so that the channel names would match better, this time the universal remote control settings were overwritten and any attempt to replace them then removed the added channel list.

I cannot work out what I had done differently that first time. If anyone has any information about this I would be very grateful. My searches have come up fruitless, I have tried exporting the channel list from the TV and editing it, but as far as I can see this doesn't include the STB channel lists.

TV:UE40F5500
FW:1201

STB:SAMSAT HD 90 TITAN

Universal Remote settings for SAMSAST HD 90 TITAN: Zehnder (10th try) or Star Sat both work with the SAMSAT box unfortunately no Favourite button, if anyone knows of a better remote mapping?.

Return to “[F] Support”