HU8500 and sek3500u/XC Help

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

DaMacFunkin

HU8500 and sek3500u/XC Help

Post by DaMacFunkin »

Hello i live in the UK and own a 65HU8500, a couple of months ago i bought a sek-3500u/XC upgrade kit, at first it didn't install correctly, it would install as a JS9500, even though it was the offical upgrade kit, after a lot of research i found that the included quick setup leaflet missed a vital step in the install process, on realising this i was able to succesfully restore my OCB backup into new unit and it worked fine, till tuesday. I woke to find Samsung had updated the firmware even though i had set auto update to off and now the unit powers on and seems to work fine, and within 1 minute it displays a message saying "The connected One Connect Box is not supported by the TV, please connect an Evolution Upgrade Kit, the TV will now power off" :evil:
I have contacted Samsung, provided them with all my info, ripped them a new arsehole etc and they say it is all covered by their warranty and it will require a tech visit to fix it.. the only problem is i am only at home during the day on a saturday and they are struggling to get me a saturday visit..
I have attempted to fix it myself, i have tried chaqnging to a different model in ASM and factory resetting, i have tried reset eeprom and nvram then factory resetting and then setting the unit up again from scratch, but after about a minute i get the message and it shuts down.
Does anybody else have an idea where the problem is in the unit? What could a tech guy alter or do that will make it work again?
Thanks for reading and any help provided.
p.s. there are a few other people out there with the same problem.

Return to “[H] Support”