Samsung VG-KBD2000 on UE48JU6000 WXXN

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

gossy

Samsung VG-KBD2000 on UE48JU6000 WXXN

Post by gossy »

We bought this TV before there was any product page with info for this tv on the samsung site - just a manual download, which mentioned some features from model JU6000 upwards like connecting a ps4 controller which is Bluetooth.. The General>Device Manager> keyboard and mouse settings showed a Bluetooth logo.

We contacted Samsung and were told specifically to get the VG-KBD2000 keyboard, which we did - the day we got it in the mail, and I went to try it I noticed the firmware had updated to 1411.. ( forgot to disable ) and the Bluetooth logos had disappeared from the menu graphics.. Must have been on oversight in the initial batch of this model since the product page is now pretty clear it has no Bluetooth HID built in =/

I know simply sticking a BT 2.1 ESR compatible usb adapter in the UE48JU6000 won't do much at all most likely as it must be told to connect to a device - I found in another thread someone had enabled BT in the service menu, and stuck in a bt module and now his vg-kbd works!

viewtopic.php?52&t=5177&start=10

My question is has onyone on this model TV with Tizen tried this and got good results?
Last edited by gossy on Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samsung UE48JU6000 WXXN current fw: 1411
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Samsung VG-KBD2000 on UE48JU6000 WXXN

Post by sectroyer »

gossy wrote:
My question is has onyone on this model TV with Tizen tried this and got good results?
Keyboard works here. No problems :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

sectroyer wrote:Keyboard works here. No problems :)
PS/2 keyboard to computer? I confirm: no problem :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
gossy

Post by gossy »

zoelechat wrote:

=P thnx

I have not dived into the service menu yet just inserting a 2.0 bt dongle did not work though its specs were 2.0 not 2.1 though I expect the failure has more to do with the lack of the OS actually supporting regular bt dongles to be able to select a device to pair with.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:
Bluetooth also works :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
gossy

Post by gossy »

sectoyer, you mean it works when having a bt 2.1 esr compliant (or 4.0 with said ) dongle in the usb port, and having gone into the service menu and enabling BT from there =D ?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

gossy wrote:sectoyer, you mean it works when having a bt 2.1 esr compliant (or 4.0 with said ) dongle in the usb port, and having gone into the service menu and enabling BT from there =D ?
Okay here is what I did:
First you need to find your keyboard manual. Read how to pair. On mine it said to press connect and enter pin. I did that and now I only need to power on :)
gossy

Post by gossy »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whMou-xFKrM see where it goes wrong is on the tv side which doesn't have bt support menu structures as it is now XD
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

gossy wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whMou-xFKrM see where it goes wrong is on the tv side which doesn't have bt support menu structures as it is now XD
Why do you assume you "doen't have bt support menu" and NOT that you "don't have BLUETOOTH" ? :lol: :D :mrgreen:
gossy

Post by gossy »

perhaps due to non native English something is lost in translation from me to you ^^
Am I to understand you have a UE48JU6000 or other inch model and inserting a usb bt dongle bt connection options appear in your TV's menu appear?

This tv has no native bt hardware and as such has no bt connection interface in its menu structure
and when presented with a bt usb dongle it does not (from stock fw and settings) know what to do with it - no pairing options appear.

Return to “[J] Support”