Best TV to buy for rooting, mutliregion apps, and where to buy?

General Forum talking area for H series TVs.

dusf
SamyGO Project Donor

Best TV to buy for rooting, mutliregion apps, and where to buy?

Post by dusf »

Hi

I would like to buy a 32" TV for a family member, root the TV, and set them up with a DNS service for apps from multiple regions etc.

We have a UE32H5500 ourselves in our bedroom, which I rooted with the help of this forum, and it has apps from multiple countries. We are very, very happy with this TV.

I made the mistake of buying a new J series about a month ago, which last I checked, cannot be rooted yet, although I can still side load apps once the firmware does not update from being blocked at the router level.

Considering the UE32H5500 is an older model I had thought I would be able to find one much cheaper than what we paid initially, or even many second hand models on eBay. The best price I have found so far is on Amazon.co.uk for ?329 or ?433, which I think is possibly more expensive than what we paid, and they also do not even deliver to Ireland where we are.

I have also checked eBay where none are available, and eBay completed listing which shows sales in the last few months, and there is just one that was sold.

1. Is this the series and model I should be looking for?

2. Where to buy?
UE32H5500 - firmware: 2130
UE32J
dusf
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Best TV to buy for rooting, mutliregion apps, and where to buy?

Post by dusf »

Anyone?
UE32J
dusf
SamyGO Project Donor

Which 32" TV to buy for rooting & multiregion apps?

Post by dusf »

Hi

I would like to buy a 32" TV for a family member, root the TV, and set them up with a DNS service for apps from multiple regions etc.

We have a UE32H5500 ourselves in our bedroom, which I rooted with the help of this forum, and it has apps from multiple countries. We are very, very happy with this TV.

I made the mistake of buying a new J series about a month ago, which last I checked, cannot be rooted yet, although I can still side load apps once the firmware does not update from being blocked at the router level.

Considering the UE32H5500 is an older model I had thought I would be able to find one much cheaper than what we paid initially, or even many second hand models on eBay. The best price I have found so far is on Amazon.co.uk for ?329 or ?433, which I think is possibly more expensive than what we paid, and they also do not even deliver to Ireland where we are.

I have also checked eBay where none are available, and eBay completed listing which shows sales in the last few months, and there is just one that was sold.

1. Is this the series and model I should be looking for?

2. If buying second hand do I need to confirm firmware is below a certain version, and if so which version?

2. Where to buy?
UE32J
dusf
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Best TV to buy for rooting, mutliregion apps, and where to buy?

Post by dusf »

Can someone please offer some advice on this?
UE32J

Return to “[H] General”