UE32H5500AWXXH firmware issue

Here is information about customize your H series firmware.

TVexpert

UE32H5500AWXXH firmware issue

Post by TVexpert »

Hi to all, I'm new to the forum but not to the subject ;)
I'm dealing with TVs' hard/software for some time now (20+yrs) but stuggling to keep up with software issues on linux based platforms...
Problem Ive found repairing Sams is some Mboards are more prone to software corruption then others like BN41-02156A all versions (like BN94-07369A, BN94-07307H ...)
It could be so due to a poor power stage construction, electric discharges from cable or others added units like dvds, receivers or so...
Its shown as after turning tv on from St.By unit gets stuck in SMART TV logo mode, making regular firmware update procedure through USB or LAN unusable so hardwired programing of internal memories are needed, as far as i know.
Unit has few chips related to the matter, one is SPI flash W25Q40CLSIP 4Mb memory, others could be like 24C256 eeproms but i believe they are not so important to unit start up sequence...
The thing is: memory dumps for newer models are a bit hard to find but firmware update file (850MB big, which i believe is just linux virtual machine, most of it...) are easy to obtain via company website.
So, main concern is:
is it possible to extract 21.4kB SPI dump from regular update and/or does somebody has a chance to read 8-pin chip with SPI programer and share it here, all versions are welcome (if such an action does not violate board rules)?

I did find instructions for sc eeprom http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/UnBric ... PROM_Reset but there's no H serie mentioned, is it safe to try?
update:
Tried SC eeprom, no result, but no welcome screen eather, st.by LED just did the blinking and go silent ...

Hope I could help someone as someone would be so nice to help me repairing this unit.
Much obliged.
:geek:
PS. waranty list is lost so cant be repaired regulary even unit is few months old...
TVexpert

Re: UE32H5500AWXXH firmware issue

Post by TVexpert »

...just checking is "reply" button actually working? :(
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

No answer generally means nobody knows or nobody cares. I guess there's not much people here "having a chance to read 8-pin chip with SPI programer" :)
Or maybe they don't want to dismantle their (working) TV and/or unsolder EEPROMs :D
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
TVexpert

Post by TVexpert »

I knew its going to be long shot, but had to try.
Thanks anyway.
;)
aquitania99

Post by aquitania99 »

Hi TVexpert any luck with this issue? ? I just happened to have a 65 hospitality bricked, stucked in the smart tv logo as yours. I'll give it a go to the eeprom procedure did it work for you? My model is hg65ac894wxxxs and the board is bn94-076 if I'm not wrong. Should i just buy the board instead? What do you reckon? Thanks for any advice.

Return to “[H] Firmware”