UE40JU7000 installing german/english firmware on benelux-model for unicable

General forum talking area for J series TVs.

hugocoolens

UE40JU7000 installing german/english firmware on benelux-model for unicable

Post by hugocoolens »

I bought a Samsung UE40JU7000L (L=Benelux-model) and found out it is missing a Unicable option in the menu for the LNB-section. I noticed that the German/English version of the same TV UE40JU7000T does have the possibility to activate Unicable in the LNB-menu. Therefore I'd like to install the German/English firmware on my TV, unfortunately my TV has firmware 1445 (T-HKMDEUC-1445.0 T-HKMDEUS-1016), but the German firmware has a lower number and my TV refuses to downgrade to a lower version. Can anyone here tell me how to get the Unicable option on my TV. (Samsung support in Holland suggested to import a German model...)

thanks in advance
Hugo
Anaglypta

Re: UE40JU7000 installing german/english firmware on benelux-model for unicable

Post by Anaglypta »

Well the firmware version is the same for all European models. I know that Samsung configure the firmware for regional differences in the "Service Menu"

BUT tampering in the Service Menu can make your TV unusable so beware.

Are you saying that your TV does not have DiSEqC options?

John.
hugocoolens

Post by hugocoolens »

This question was also posted and answered in another forum, the answer might be interesting to the readers of this forum too:
John wrote:
Well the firmware version is the same for all European models. I know that Samsung configure the firmware for regional differences in the "Service Menu"
There is a difference in firmware between Benelux UE40JU7000L and German UE40JU7000T versions.
On the German Samsung website they state clearly that Unicable is available as an option in the LNB-menu.
However in the Benelux version they have left out that menu option. Who at Samsung did make the decision that Benelux inhabitants don't need Unicable???
John wrote:
Are you saying that your TV does not have DiSEqC options?
No, it is just the Unicable option that is missing. The Dutch Samsung support did confirm this and
the only advice they gave me was: if you want unicable you have to import a German model...
The following information from John is also interesting:
John wrote:
In that case I can confirm the the UK version (JU7000TXXU) does NOT have a unicable (SatCR) option in the LNB menu.
The German Samsung website says that the German version supports SatCR, but the UK Samsung website does not mention it ?.
So here is my question: did anyone here succeed in activating or adding a unicable (SatCR) option to an English or Benelux model?

kind regards,
Hugo
Anaglypta

Post by Anaglypta »

Hugo,

Did you manage to try this out and was it successful?

There are some pictures of the service menu here,

https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f ... 345#p87227

and the last picture shows the region option (set to PANEURO).

As always I advise caution in the service menu (AT YOUR OWN RISK). An easy mistake to make is trying to use the left and right arrow keys for navigating the menus. They don't

Use Up and Down arrow keys to move between options. Use Left and Right arrow keys to change values. Make a note of the existing value before changing it. pressing Enter on an option should display all available values for that option.

Let us know how you get on

John.
hugocoolens

Post by hugocoolens »

First my apologies to all for posting this first absent-mindedly in the wrong thread...

John wrote:
Hugo,
Did you manage to try this out and was it successful?
There are some pictures of the service menu here,
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=10345#p87227
and the last picture shows the region option (set to PANEURO).
As always I advise caution in the service menu (AT YOUR OWN RISK). An easy mistake to make is trying to use the left and right arrow keys for navigating the menus. They don't
Use Up and Down arrow keys to move between options. Use Left and Right arrow keys to change values. Make a note of the existing value before changing it. pressing Enter on an option should display all available values for that option.
Let us know how you get on
Dear john,
This is what I saw using the standard ir remote which came with the TV using "info menu mute power":
[img]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmthviokc3bkq ... 5.jpg?dl=0
[/img]
As you see the region is also set to PANEURO. I wonder whether buying a special remote as someone suggested here would make more options visible?

kind regards,
Hugo
Anaglypta

Post by Anaglypta »

Hello Hugo,

Using that remote is a convenient way of altering service menu settings - it won't do anything you can't do in the service menu.

When in the service menu OPTIONS, press the down arrow until the yellow box is on the REGION option, then press Enter. You should now see all the regional options available. Use the up and down arrow keys to highlight Germany - DE and press enter.

Next power off the TV and then power on again, and you should now have the SatCR option and all the other unique German options - but with your country language for the menu's.

You can always go back into service mode and select PANEURO to revert back to your TV's original region mode.

John.
hugocoolens

Post by hugocoolens »

John wrote
Hello Hugo,
Using that remote is a convenient way of altering service menu settings - it won't do anything you can't do in the service menu.
When in the service menu OPTIONS, press the down arrow until the yellow box is on the REGION option, then press Enter. You should now see all the regional options available. Use the up and down arrow keys to highlight Germany - DE and press enter.
Next power off the TV and then power on again, and you should now have the SatCR option and all the other unique German options - but with your country language for the menu's.
You can always go back into service mode and select PANEURO to revert back to your TV's original region mode.
John.
When in the service menu I have the menu "Option", from there I can go to "Region", which is currently Paneuropean, but the list of regional settings I get does not include Germany-DE unfortunately...

kind regards,
Hugo
Anaglypta

Post by Anaglypta »

Hello Hugo,

Can you tell me what is in the list you get.

Thanks

John
hugocoolens

Post by hugocoolens »

John wrote:
Hello Hugo,
Can you tell me what is in the list you get.
Thanks
John
Of course here are the choices I (only) have:
PANEURO
PANNORDIG
AFR
ASIA_DTV
ASIA_ATV
CHI
HKG
TAIWAN
COLOMBIA
PHI
ED_DTV
S_AFR
CHI_ATV
INDIA_ATV
PHI_DTV
AFRICA_ATV
AFRICA_DTV
INDIA_DTV
SW_ASIA_ATV

Nothing looks like Germany :-(

regards,
Hugo
Anaglypta

Post by Anaglypta »

Hugo,

I'm trying to find out more information for you - I'll post again as soon as I can.

John.

Return to “[J] General”