Hello World :)

General forum talking area for J series TVs.

twisted89
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Hello World :)

Post by twisted89 »

bugficks wrote:
zoelechat wrote:
bugficks wrote:and light there is...
Great, but I don't get the point if only 2 people worldwide have J root :lol:
there are at least 3 people:)
anyways, thats not up to me. and what is root good for if we dont have/add any software?
Root release means more developers to develop software = more software.
Your statement is like releasing a new console and not giving developers devkits to develop on then wondering why there isn't any games.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

bugficks wrote:thats not up to me.
Don't worry I know, the subliminal message wasn't intended for you ;)
bugficks wrote:and what is root good for if we dont have/add any software?
Right, but some weekend developer I know well could be tired of waiting for wrong reasons :P
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
bugficks
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by bugficks »

twisted89 wrote:
Your statement is like releasing a new console and not giving developers devkits to develop on then wondering why there isn't any games.
heh, that actually happens. you get pre pre alpha sdks looooooong before any alpha devkits, let alone a final devkit+sdk. been there, done that:)

as i said, its not up to me.
twisted89
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by twisted89 »

bugficks wrote:
twisted89 wrote:
heh, that actually happens. you get pre pre alpha sdks looooooong before any alpha devkits, let alone a final devkit+sdk. been there, done that:)

as i said, its not up to me.
I know you said it wasn't up to you, I was just giving my view on why your comment about not releasing without having software didn't make much sense.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

twisted89 wrote: I know you said it wasn't up to you, I was just giving my view on why your comment about not releasing without having software didn't make much sense.
We know what we are doing :) Just check the past posts. We have to develop software and 95% of other posts are like yours:
- "release, more people will help"
or:
- "when X,Y,Z will work?" :)
Hint, Oscam thread is a good place to start :P
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
twisted89
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by twisted89 »

sectroyer wrote:
twisted89 wrote: I know you said it wasn't up to you, I was just giving my view on why your comment about not releasing without having software didn't make much sense.
We know what we are doing :) Just check the past posts. We have to develop software and 95% of other posts are like yours:
- "release, more people will help"
or:
- "when X,Y,Z will work?" :)
Hint, Oscam thread is a good place to start :P
I think you're misunderstanding what I said, I never said you guys don't know what you're doing (as a developer myself I understand the amount of work that goes into this and appreciate what you're doing) just that you're restricting software development by not releasing. It's clear it's working to an extent that you can write and run software for it so the more people who can use it the more that will come out of it. I don't think you can dispute that.
bugficks

Post by bugficks »

in theory that might be true but in reality its not... just look at sw releases by non samygo devs... there are virtually none:)
anyways off-topic
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Offtopic!?... mmmh... errr... What is the subject? :D
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:Offtopic!?... mmmh... errr... What is the subject? :D
This topic is about sharing "hello worlds" ;) :lol: :D
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Ok :geek:
20160714105855_ARTE_LE SUPERVOLCAN DE TOBA.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “[J] General”