chaniging firmware

General forum talking area for K series TVs.

soopa

chaniging firmware

Post by soopa »

hi i was living in spain and bought myself the ue55k6300akxxc which obviously is set up for use in spain. i moved back to the uk and bought the set back with me. the problem i am having is uk is not in the setup list and i have to select others which in turn does not sort the channels and the red button dosnt work. also obvious again but their is no bbc iplayer available.

i looked into it and the uk counterpart is the ue55k6300akxxu and unless im mistaken is actually the same tv but with different firmware. is their a way of forcing the /u firmware on the /c tv? so it will set up in uk format?

any help would be greatly appreciated i have googled this to death and samsung support are useless
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: chaniging firmware

Post by zoelechat »

Nope, it's same firmware (European), you just have to change local set into (extended) service menu. Search wiki and forum for how-to, results are not missing (do not focus on K series, procedure is the same for ages).
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
soopa

Post by soopa »

thanks for the quick reply ill look into that again

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
soopa

Post by soopa »

just got into the service menu but the only region that could be uk is paneuropean there is no uk option that i can find anywhere

notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by notengo13 »

soopa wrote:just got into the service menu but the only region that could be uk is paneuropean there is no uk option that i can find anywhere

Try to enter extended service menu
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root
QE55QN93A - - >firmware T-NKM2DEUC-1805.4 (backup 1590.0) - - >update CURL60 Error --> CURL28 Error
soopa

Post by soopa »

ok ive searhed the forum as well as google and am i correct in thinking the only way to get into the extended aervice menu is with the factory and 3 buttons using a phone or universal remote? i seem to be unlucky here i only just got the full remote as i only got the new diddy one with the set and both me and the mrs have sammy s7's which dont have ir ports. is there a way of getting into the extended menu with the normal remote or is it a case of go n buy a universal remote?

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Cheapest way remains to build your own IR transmitter :)

FYI:
EXTENDED Service Menu access wrote:-from TV OFF: INFO+MENU+MUTE+POWER (to access service menu) then FACTORY+3SPEED
or (simpler):
-from TV ON (in normal operating state, not in service menu): INFO+FACTORY
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
soopa

Post by soopa »

ok finaly got hold of a phone with ir and have successfully changed to uk thanks so much for that. now the only problem i have is no bbci player and is not in the app store. i reset the smart hub and did the fastforward 2 8 9 rewind thingy and set that to uk so all local sets now are uk (unless im missing one). us it possible to get the iplayer on the set? if not no worries i have acheived what i set out to do and again many thanks for your patience

Return to “[K] General”