[ROOT] "Skype replacement" root H

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] "Skype replacement" root H

Post by mihd »

sectroyer wrote: yeah but SamyGO is the one that does tons of reads/writes :)
IPTV widget does tons of reads/writes. Widgets to watch films online.. (Cache read-write) ..They read and write a lot.
However, users install these widgets. The question about "tons of reads/writes" does not arise.
sectroyer wrote: Anyway no point in arguing I have explained already brick CONFIRMED :)
mihd wrote: Someone's review - this is not a proof.
Because we can not exclude marriage TVs, failure of internal storage for reasons beyond the control of SamyGO.
Similarly, the internal storage can be damaged during installation of application from Samsung Apps.
TV: Samsung UE40F6330AK (FW: T-MST12DEUC-1119.0 2014-02-22 / SamyGO) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (TOSHIBA MQ01ABD1);
TV: Philips 26PF4311 + Cable TV Receiver LATEL LC-808HD (with NFS client, DLNA - n/a, Samba - n/a);
Router: Netgear WNDR3800 (FW: OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09-beta2) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (SEAGATE Expansion STBX1000201) (with NFS,DLNA and Samba servers).
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

mihd wrote: IPTV widget does tons of reads/writes. Widgets to watch films online.. (Cache read-write) ..They read and write a lot.
However, users install these widgets. The question about "tons of reads/writes" does not arise.
Yeah and those tons of users reporting broken nands and wanting as to help them with "boot loop" have nothing to do with it :P
Anyway I don't care if user bricks his TV using some stupid widgets but I don't want my root to be the culprit :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mihd »

sectroyer wrote: ...those tons of users reporting broken nands and wanting as to help them with "boot loop" have nothing to do with it :P
"tons of users" :lol: :lol: :lol: . Do not invent. And enough fantasizing. :)
mihd wrote: InstallSamygo_1_1_E.rar ([App] "Skype replacement" root E/F) - 379 downloadings
InstallSamygo_1_1_F.rar ([App] "Skype replacement" root E/F) - 299 downloadings
[Ended] E series widget -autostart w/o USB - a huge number of downloads.
[Ended] SamyGO Extensions on F series - a huge number of downloads.
All of these methods work without USB, with image-file (128mb.xfs or samyext4.img) in memory of TV. But THERE IS NO EVIDENCE that someone had received a brick!
Guys, not use programs for IPTV, widgets for watching movies, etc.! Otherwise you will get a "brick" !
Sectroyer forbids to do it ! :lol:
TV: Samsung UE40F6330AK (FW: T-MST12DEUC-1119.0 2014-02-22 / SamyGO) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (TOSHIBA MQ01ABD1);
TV: Philips 26PF4311 + Cable TV Receiver LATEL LC-808HD (with NFS client, DLNA - n/a, Samba - n/a);
Router: Netgear WNDR3800 (FW: OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09-beta2) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (SEAGATE Expansion STBX1000201) (with NFS,DLNA and Samba servers).
mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

Well, without wanting to add fire to the discussion, mihd's root has an additional advantage apart from freeing up a USB port - and that is (believe it or not): security! :)

My use case is the following - I use root with libPinCode (I forgot the actual name but it locks the TV with PIN on demand) in order to impose a TV watching limit for the kids. This will be especially helpful when they will be older and home alone. Chances are that they'll figure out they can bypass it if they unplug the root USB and power-cycle the TV, but it might be more difficult for them to track down this thread and figure out what is the magic file that stops root at boot. So, better security for my use case :)

Regarding excessive usage of internal flash - although this root increases the read/writes to internal flash, I think that flash is EMMC (like the ones found in smartphones) and has better quality than most USB drives. It should support wear leveling automatically. It should be good for years of usage - most likely something else will fail thanks to Samsung's Planned Obsolescence program (TM).

@mihd: Can you also add an "unroot" guide to your first post - in case it's needed for whatever reason? Also, can one delete samyext4.img by resetting/formatting the Samsung HUB? Also, in case of samyext4.img corruption, what is the replacement/recovery procedure (can we get a minimal shell to run a fsck on it)?

Also, a suggestion - maybe you could implement a switch (a special file on USB) that triggers reading samyext4.img from USB instead of from internal storage. That way if anything bad happens with the internal image you can boot a rooted system and repair things manually?
H6400, firmware 2602.2 downgraded to 2130
mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mihd »

mad_ady wrote:Can you also add an "unroot" guide to your first post - in case it's needed for whatever reason?
This procedure is described. But it is not so pronounced.
Running of widget SamyGO-H(Uninstall) (appears after installation in SmartHub) used to remove SamyGO startup files.
Removing of widget SamyGO-H(Uninstall) in Smart Hub deletes samyext4.img .
mad_ady wrote:Also, can one delete samyext4.img by resetting/formatting the Samsung HUB?
Yes. Because Samsung HUB resetting removes widget SamyGO-H(Uninstall).
mad_ady wrote:Also, in case of samyext4.img corruption, what is the replacement/recovery procedure (can we get a minimal shell to run a fsck on it)?
STOP_SAMYGO works. In this mode netcat on port 3023 or telnet on port 3123 can be used to correct errors.
Now I'm thinking ... FTP probably also need to be added.
mad_ady wrote:Also, a suggestion - maybe you could implement a switch (a special file on USB) that triggers reading samyext4.img from USB instead of from internal storage. That way if anything bad happens with the internal image you can boot a rooted system and repair things manually?
Is it necessary?
FTP in STOP_SAMYGO mode - really necessary thing.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Check for file "STOP_SAMYGO_BUT_WITH_FTP" :P
Useless imho, FTP adds nothing you can't already do with netcat, and better keep "safe mode" as safe as possible, but it's up to you...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
atilla
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by atilla »

now i have only STEP 1-2 OK the other is NO ... what can i do 2130 MST ??
mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mihd »

zoelechat wrote: Useless imho, FTP adds nothing you can't already do with netcat, and better keep "safe mode" as safe as possible, but it's up to you...
Copying samyext4.img from PC, copying samyext4.img to PC.. Is it possible these procedures in "safe mode" through netcat or telnet? As far as I know, no.
In addition, you can use WinSCP or Total Commander for FTP.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

mihd wrote:Copying samyext4.img from PC, copying samyext4.img to PC.. Is it possible these procedures in "safe mode" through netcat or telnet? As far as I know, no.
Yes you can, just use USB :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mihd »

zoelechat wrote: Yes you can, just use USB :)

Code: Select all

cp /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/data/samyext4.img /dtv/usb/sda1
I understand you.
But it is much more convenient to do it with a computer, and not to go with the stick from the TV to the PC and vice versa.

Return to “[H] Software”