Update.disable again...

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Asf
SamyGO Project Donor

Update.disable again...

Post by Asf »

Hello colleagues.
Would like to ask for your help with my UE48H8000AT (T-GFPDEUC).
Unfortunately on this TV was installed "CreateDeleteUD" widget and it has write "update.disable" file there
and then SmartHUB was resetted (by human) to the original state.
As a result, SmartHUB is empty, and it is impossible to install any widget with error like "It's impossible in this state".
Colleagues, tell me is there any method yet to delete this damn file, maybe via rs232 console or some else?
SVC reset, Factory reset have been made - does not help.
Thanks.
Alexander
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Update.disable again...

Post by zoelechat »

You can't even (re)start that widget from USB? "CreateDelete" I assume it's able to create and delete file? :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Asf
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Asf »

Yes I can't. On my another TV E-series this method works fine in such situation. On H - no. Any widget from USB (or from Store, no matter) does not start with error about state. Sometimes it is said that is necessary to wait for the update's completion. I.e. it looks like that it believes that the update has not been completed and therefore does not want to run anything. Under "update", I think it is understood initial SmartHUB update after reset.
Alexander
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Problematic indeed... I wonder if that solution would be applicable to H, no idea if anybody ever tried (would need some adjustments of course).
In case you're willing to, please remember me your exact fw and version, will tell you partition number :)
Asf
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Asf »

T-GFPDEUC_1232.1
Alexander
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Downloading... You know access to Top Debug Menu via Exlink? If so, you could already browse it and maybe try to find if any format partition option exists at all on H.

edit: right partition number is 15

Code: Select all

15	/dev/mmcblk0p15	204800K	NONE	MLC	NONE	NONE	mtd_rwarea	RW
I don't know whole TDM (especially H one), maybe with a bit of luck you'll find an option to delete a single file (or simply to un-disable Smarthub updates), who knows... Good luck :roll:
Asf
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Asf »

Yes, I have access via Exlink. But... Here https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php/Top_Debug_Menu:_TDM present some codes for unlock console, and there is specified code 20149144 for H-series. This code doesn't fit for my UE48H8000AT. I've written scanning script, and it has found other code: 20146537. It unlocks the console, I can see my input and switch channels. However, after entering 20089999 TDM has not appeared. But something has changed, then the channels are not switching more, input digits sometimes produces 1-2 blank lines. Looks as if the menu is there, but I don't see it. At the same time, I perfectly see the output of TV boot and my input too. How would see TDM?
Alexander
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

mmmh honestly no idea, except that 20089999 remained undocumented for a long time on wiki until I thought: "same number on all series, why not H?", maybe the reason was that nobody had successfully reached TDM :?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

You've got RS232 mode set to debug into service menu, right?
Asf
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Asf »

Of course, I see full TV boot log. In UART mode it is impossible.
Alexander

Return to “[H] Support”