Question about the Ex-Link cable

This forum for information that related with C series hardware instead of firmware/software.

cotarelo

Re: Question about the Ex-Link cable

Post by cotarelo »

Thank you for the response. How can I know if it is TTL or not? My USB to Serial adapter is detected in Linux as:

Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0557:2008 ATEN International Co., Ltd UC-232A Serial Port [pl2303]

I searched in the pdf of the specifications but I can't find which power brings at the output of the serial. Should not be more than a USB (5V) right?
Samsung LE40C530
T-MSX5DEUC-2009.0
cotarelo

Post by cotarelo »

I'll try to measure and post the results.

I hope with this I can finally use my USB WiFi adapter loading the module via console
Samsung LE40C530
T-MSX5DEUC-2009.0
cotarelo

Post by cotarelo »

Thank you for the reply Katers2.

So, if I can directly load the modules via USB... I do not need to hook to the tv via serial right? What are the advantages then of having serial to the TV?

What do you mean by fiddle? How are those scripts looking or where I can find them?

Thank you in advance and best regards.
Jorge
Samsung LE40C530
T-MSX5DEUC-2009.0
cotarelo

Post by cotarelo »

Thanks Katers! I found the scripts :)

Actually what I want is just enable WiFi in my TV by loading modules into the kernel of the tv(as I can't do hardware pid vid modification in my WiFi dongle Dlink DWL G122) to make my dongle work with the TV. It would be also nice to have the automount NFS shares in the TV so I can just sit down and play the media which is allways online in my linux server.

I suppose I don't need the serial connection then. I did not hack it (yet) I am not @ home.

I am waiting for these startup script :)
Samsung LE40C530
T-MSX5DEUC-2009.0

Return to “[C] Hardware”