eeprom unbricking for C8790 models

This forum for information that related with C series hardware instead of firmware/software.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: eeprom unbricking for C8790 models

Post by juusso »

You could use lightspoot and check - does it possible to to see on the screen something (when you think you`re in service menu). Some possible issue - LCD lighting is off if model is changed. You could see shadows of letters anyway.

Take care your baby, TV doesn't matter ;)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
bossi

Post by bossi »

I have a total "dark room"... I was able for a moment to switch from "standby mode" .. enter The Service Menu combination on the TV..
but.. when it starts .. Relay clicks again.. the screen flickers a little bit and the bootsound comes again....
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

5+8 let`s TV start default settings. This is not equal to RC reset.

If you fail, then you have to make mainboard replacement. This you can do by self or by technician. I don`t think technician offers you another solution.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

bossi

Post by bossi »

juuso wrote:5+8 let`s TV start default settings. This is not equal to RC reset.

If you fail, then you have to make mainboard replacement. This you can do by self or by technician. I don`t think technician offers you another solution.
Okay.. thanks for investigation.., I will tomorrow call Samsung Hotline for a technician.., when they said mainboard change can be done by myself..
then I will do.. the warranty was lost in december last year...
bossi

Post by bossi »

the technician do need to change the motherboard....., could this be the normal way... to repair a changed setting ???... I'm wondering about this...
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

I still think you can repair TV by eeprom reset. Something in your procedure wont work. Maybe SCL+GND (4+5 pins) instead of SCL+VCC? Tony had same situation like yours and he survived.

Return to “[C] Hardware”