D6500 3D Resolution NOT FULL HD

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: D6500 3D Resolution NOT FULL HD

Post by erdem_ua »

I have conscious consumer award guys. An I can say that, current Turkish laws allows returning unit for it's full money or free repair or sale from it's price.
Even after unit warranty period ended. So you do not needed to hurry :-) You can claim to return right up to 10 years :)
If I were you, I will wait until at least new series comes and old ones prices drops.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

My B series also don`t show 3D. I will wait ~5 years and will change it to J series Samsung TV :mrgreen:
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
andersen756

Post by andersen756 »

In Russian Call Center operator said:
"in 3D mode all 1080 lines a working, it means you see Full HD 3D. Frames for left and right eye reduces to 540p, but it is the issue of the technology. Frame reducing is not a reason for refund."
So they know everything, and we can't do anything about it. Even refund.
I won't buy anything from Samsung again!
P.S. model UE46D6100SWX
thetmyster

Post by thetmyster »

I just got off the phone with the technical advice from customer support, he says that ALL samsung 3D tv's have to cut the quality for it to fit on the screen. I didnt want to completely contradict him, but I explained that the two images result in one full HD 1080p image afterward, not a 560p image that halves the quality.

Im going to talk to their head technical advisor now, but I dont think they will accept that this problem exists!

Edit: Ive explained this entire thread to him (Without mentioning it but mentioning a 1080p 2d/3d test and he will see what he can do....thanks samsung. [/ironic]

Finally; he blamed it on my bluray player, not giving out 1080p image, i got it forcing a 1080p image and then when i said that there was no change (still bad quality) To try turning off my blurayplayer for 30min (Like that would help! its TV!)
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

juuso wrote:My B series also don`t show 3D. I will wait ~5 years and will change it to J series Samsung TV :mrgreen:
I think it doesn't said that allowing 3D in specs...

Well, the clearest evidence also in boot-up log.
for anyone who think to open a legal case to Samsung, here is the proof of that Samsung is lying about Full HD claims...
Samsung TV UA40D6000 boot-up log wrote: t_Set3DModeForGenoaAlone(): Game/MJC Mode is same
[ERROR][SetStereoscopicScreenMode():264] Not Supported StereoScopic Resolution(1920, 1080)!!!
SetStereoscopicScreenMode, 395, Not supported Screen
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

You need an exlink cable/device. Actually USB-TTL bridge (You can buy from ebay, ~$3)
Also needed to enable RS232 debug mode...

Added to wiki
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/D6x00_ ... Be_Ignored
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Good to see people insisting about this issue. And thank you for discovering this in the first place, it's only thanks to the review on SamyGO that I got aware I needed a 7000+ model for what I wanted...
PC gaming at 1m distance from a 40'' screen, the difference would definitely have been noticeable. And trying 3D was the main reason I was replacing my TV for...

I had to shell out the extra cash, but at least I have what I wanted...

Return to “[D] Support”