D6500 3D Resolution NOT FULL HD

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

ColdFever

Re: D6500 3D Resolution NOT FULL HD

Post by ColdFever »

The German national consumer protection is working against false advertising, and you should have noticed that all misleading "Full HD 3D" advertising already has been pulled rapidly from the streets. There is a lot going on in the background, but for confidentiality reasons I cannot speak about it.
BeCube

Post by BeCube »

@ColdFever
"The German national consumer protection is working against false advertising...."
I hope, you don't mean the consumer "protection" in Saxony.
They have put actualy a press-statement, that they're agree with Samsungs "there are no standar"d, so it's the fault of the consumer, that they aren't informed. :shock:

I've write them an email, but i think, they send it directy to Samsung, to answer it :lol: :shock:
I've give them interesting links too,
(Samsungs technical 3D-Info on "Alles in 3D ? Gehen Sie auf Entdeckungsreise" (google it - it's interesting!), sorry it's german,
and Infos about statements from Samsungs-TV-Chief Yoon Boo-keun)

But at the end, i think, i must go to the court
ColdFever

Post by ColdFever »

Today I had another phone call with the national German consumer protection board, the VZBV. I contacted them in October about this issue, and this is the current situation:
  1. The VZBV issued a cease-and-desist order to Samsung regarding misleading advertising.
  2. Samsung removed the "Full HD 3D" advertising for the concerned devices and changed advertising drastically. Samsung informed retailers about the new advertising in November. However, Samsung did not sign the cease-and-desist order.
  3. The VZBV is examining the new advertising and is evaluating further steps.
The latest statement of the German consumer protection board of Saxony has not been coordinated with the VZBV. The Saxony board obviously did not know about the current national proceedings in Germany.

The VZBV currently is discussing further steps with law and technical experts.

Return to “[D] Support”