[App] Rooting E and F Bluray Players (no Cinavia ;))

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

azza85
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] Rooting E and F Bluray Players (no Cinavia ;))

Post by azza85 »

sectroyer wrote:
"latest firmware 1" != "latest firmware 2" ;) It's best to report exact version. But if you have smart hub it should work :)[/quote]

Sorry about that. Yes it does have Smart Hub and the Firmware Version is 001021 whichever one that is!!

Aaron
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

azza85 wrote: Sorry about that. Yes it does have Smart Hub and the Firmware Version is 001021 whichever one that is!!

Aaron
From what I know it was reported to work up to 1120 :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
azza85
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by azza85 »

Just wondering if anyone can lend some assistance... I've had a search around and can't find the answer. I am having trouble trying to telnet my Ht-e6750w. I know it's definitely rooted as I can ftp to it. But I need to telnet to obviously apply the Cinvavia patch. I have tried to telenet with Windows Client and Putty on ports 5023 and 2023. Everytime I go to Smart Hub, Web Browser (with the usb still in) and try to Telnet all i get is 'bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off'. That's when I use Putty. Could somebody help shed some light on this? It would be greatly appreciated thanks.
azza85
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by azza85 »

azza85 wrote:Just wondering if anyone can lend some assistance... I've had a search around and can't find the answer. I am having trouble trying to telnet my Ht-e6750w. I know it's definitely rooted as I can ftp to it. But I need to telnet to obviously apply the Cinvavia patch. I have tried to telenet with Windows Client and Putty on ports 5023 and 2023. Everytime I go to Smart Hub, Web Browser (with the usb still in) and try to Telnet all i get is 'bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off'. That's when I use Putty. Could somebody help shed some light on this? It would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Ok just to recap I got it working. However when I try to set these permissions for the cinaviapatch 'chmod +x /tmp/cinaviapatch' i keep getting PERMISSION DENIED. I have no idea as to why.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

azza85 wrote:
azza85 wrote:Just wondering if anyone can lend some assistance... I've had a search around and can't find the answer. I am having trouble trying to telnet my Ht-e6750w. I know it's definitely rooted as I can ftp to it. But I need to telnet to obviously apply the Cinvavia patch. I have tried to telenet with Windows Client and Putty on ports 5023 and 2023. Everytime I go to Smart Hub, Web Browser (with the usb still in) and try to Telnet all i get is 'bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off'. That's when I use Putty. Could somebody help shed some light on this? It would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Ok just to recap I got it working. However when I try to set these permissions for the cinaviapatch 'chmod +x /tmp/cinaviapatch' i keep getting PERMISSION DENIED. I have no idea as to why.
Yeah best is NOT to read whole storry and to not ask in Cinavia Patch thread... That might help ;)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
azza85
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by azza85 »

Nice smart answer. You ask for help and get nowhere. Real good. Thanks anyway
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

azza85 wrote:Nice smart answer. You ask for help and get nowhere. Real good. Thanks anyway
This is NOT the place to ask about Cinavia patch problems. Ask in relevant thread :P You don't ask for food visiting a doctor :P
mause77

Post by mause77 »

trying to confirm that anyone had gotten the BD-H6500 rooted and cinavia free? if so are the instructions in the donor page? don't wanna blow 10 bucks and get nothing usefull. but sure am willing to donate for a working solution.
-cheers-
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

mause77 wrote:trying to confirm that anyone had gotten the BD-H6500 rooted and cinavia free? if so are the instructions in the donor page? don't wanna blow 10 bucks and get nothing usefull. but sure am willing to donate for a working solution.
-cheers-
Donate != Paying for !!!!
You may be sure to NOT get anywhere else :P
If there is (or will be) cinavia patch for your bluray player it is (or will be) in Extras. If you don't want to donate and always have cinavia it's your choice :P
mause77

Post by mause77 »

From your cryptic answer I conclude that the BD-H series are not yet rootable. I wont pay for something that might become available sometime in the future but does not actually exist. Will check back once in a while to see whether there are developments. Thanks for the effort so far.

Return to “BluRay Players”