Warning!!! Rooting H. Warning!!!!

Here is information about customize your H series firmware.

lbalan79
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Warning!!! Rooting H. Warning!!!!

Post by lbalan79 »

Yes. That one does. I guess that was the demo version. The one I have is like this one: http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/818ab2c ... remote.jpg

It has an M.Screen button instead of info. I can access the info button only on the screen remote.

Thank you
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

No idea then. I guess you want to send INFO+FACTORY, which method are you planning to use?
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
lbalan79
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by lbalan79 »

Well. Not sure. All remotes on android wont' work without th etv being on. I am looking for an universal remote now to download in play store. No other ideas without buying hardware. I am just trying the first step:

With TV switched off, press the following sequence on the remote:
[MENU] [MUTE] [POWER]

I didn't even get to the FACTORY+3SPEED keys part yet.

Thanks again
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

If you're using an Android phone, you'll surely find a way. Using the app/method advised in wiki, or that one which seems to be the ultimate and most friendly one :)
lbalan79
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by lbalan79 »

I did try like 5 of them and mostly they didnt' work. The one that I did find working was: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... te.control

The only issue is that I did verify all buttons with the tv started and did it few times with it closed and never got to the factory menu. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I will try this new app you have gave me as well since it has already the special codes in.

Thank you
lbalan79
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by lbalan79 »

I can confirm that no matter what remote i use in standby mode, pressing in order
, then [MENU], then [MUTE], then [POWER] does not bring the service menu.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Try to send [INFO+FACTORY from TV ON], instead of [info+menu+mute+etc... from TV OFF]. Go into advanced controls of "Samsung service remote" I linked, and edit remote to move INFO and FACTORY (nb: at the very bottom) buttons close to each other, to be able to send them as quick as possible.
lbalan79
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by lbalan79 »

Ok. A lot of things are different than the actual wiki page so trying to keep track of them. Info + Factory did work. However the menu is strange. It does not resemple any of the menu's in the wiki.

Model is T-GFP9AKUC-1201.4

I have Control / Debug / SVC / ADC/WB / Advanced in first menu. If I press Factory + 3 Speed nothing changes. I went to Control->
I have this options: EDID / Sub Option / Hotel Option / Shop Option / Asia Option / Sound. I went to Sub Option ->
I have a long list. Somewhere there is OPTION_SWU which I went to ->
I have OTN Server Type set to operating / OTN Test Server set to OFF / SWU Reset / SWU Duration set to OFF / SWU Fail Test set to 0

How do you disable OTN. Is it OTN Server Type option ?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I can't tell you exactly, check both paths mentioned in wiki, and check everywhere else if needed.
Wiki wrote:Path to option may vary between models
You have to find "OTN support", not "something that looks like OTN support" :)
lbalan79
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by lbalan79 »

Yes. It seems it doesn't match any of the paths in the wiki and the option seems not to be there. How do you go back in to the previous menu. Now I just reset and start over but there must be a way to go up one level.

Thank you

Return to “[H] Firmware”