Linux MCE Support

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Linux MCE Support

Post by erdem_ua »

I don't know how could it be possible. But I dreamed that Samsung TV supporting LinuxMCE distribution.
I think it's a shortcut for reach our goals. Instead of writing custom applications and new applications from zero,
I think we can boot TV from specialized LinuxMCE distribution from USB drive that handles TV recording and all programs.

Only we need to write a custom boot hook script for boot from USB and a wrapper code to make Linux MCE compatible with Samsung TV's devices.
dynamic1969
SamyGO Admin

Re: Linux MCE Support

Post by dynamic1969 »

Hi erdem,

running Linux MCE on our devices would certainly be a dream. I do for sure not like the Samsung GUI nor does the provided ( limited ) functionality take full advantage of all, what the Hardware would be able to support.

My only concern though is, that it'll be difficult to get the hardware interfaces controlled as all of that stuff is under "closed course" and we don't have the specs as to how to control them.
The only viable option at the moment seems to be to do time consuming "reverse engineering".

Over time, I truly hope that we will get close to this target!

Regards
dynamic
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: Linux MCE Support

Post by erdem_ua »

Yes, firstly we needed to control video and audio 'chips' and initiate X on them.
If people could reverse engineer complex chips like Radeon, than we can do it with enough resource (mostly time) and human power.
If I were Samsung, I buy LinuxMCE license to my TV's that skyrockets my company's TV sale. The ultimate market domination! :twisted:
Dreaming is free. :)

Return to “[B] Brainstorm”