Need help on a BRICKED LA32E420-E2MXXD (Australia/Asian version)

General Forum for talking area for E series TVs.

Chanzes

Need help on a BRICKED LA32E420-E2MXXD (Australia/Asian version)

Post by Chanzes »

HELP NEEDED...PLEASE!!

I recently "accidentally" bricked my tv set, partly due to ignorance and lack of understanding of the correct procedures of SERVICE MENU..

But first let me tell you, what really happened isn't what you might think as "improper conduct or out-of-pure curiosity".
My tv has had a minor glitch a few months back, that it's not powering up properly although the RED led was lit.
I managed to fix it by disassembling rear cover and reheat/re-soldering all joints, since I did not find any fault in capacitors nor VCC, etc. The tv was then good for a happy quarter or so time..

Then, the first annoying problem just arrived less than a week ago, the tv suddenly refused to give out any sound as if it was a "dumb" monitor. I didn't really comprehend what happened prior to that, but I suspected a Loose connection at the power plug give way to the unthinkable, most radical Option alteration (perhaps!) as I saw sparks flying and my tv reboot to a whole new settings and with weird behaviour.

Suddenly, my tv set was changed to UK/Ireland region and all previous channels were resetted!
Plus there is NO SOUND coming out of the speakers, and the Audio Setting were GREYED out to external headphone or A/V.
I was puzzled by this new awakening, and play around with the settings for a bit more until I got frustrated, because even a few conventional factory resets would not do the trick (as they usually do...)

The next day, I googled and found articles about "hidden" Service mode
Since then, I tried all the different "models" or variant of 32" LCD options, but to no avail. Some got the visual presented upside down, others basically were no different than the original (no effect). Consequently, I tried the EEPROM reset, but my tv isn't documented so I try some logic thinking of "shorting" the SDA line to the NRESET or VCC, not directly to the appropriate IC's leg ( as I have no reference), but I got no success with that too... sucks..
Then, this is where I think I run the unnecessary risk ( after all I thought; nothing ventured nothing gained X-P), somehow I tried to update a setting in the service box-in Service Mode ( I could not remember what it is..) but the process stalled for 1 minute or so..
then I decided to power down the tv ( what I thought wld be a "soft reset") however that's what "bricked" my tv set until now.. Could anyone with the same tv model jot down the complete Service Menu, sub menus, etc. So I could emulate a "blind remote" procedure, hopefully it'll resolve by itself ;;) :P

I would be very grateful if someone with comprehensive knowledge or expertise, could guide me out of this "bricked" situation.. as I had tried the "blind remote method" as depicted on youtube to no avail, my guess is that the tv set is of different model and/or chipsets..

I have yet to try to establish a serial connection to PC, but read a couple of precautions, if not heeded could permanently damage my tv set ( as Serial runs on 12V and USB is on 3.3V or 5V). My best bet is on the DKU5 over USB and 3.5 mm stereo jack. But I was hoping there are easier methods, as I'm inexperienced in command prompts, and would probably create a whole brand new catastrophies.. :& X_X

So, I'm open to suggestions and at all ears, to expert opinions and especially to those with personal successful accounts reviving this particular tv model back to live. Last but not least, please forgive my bad english as I'm not a native speaker, but I tried my best to deliver it as good as possible.

I live in Indonesia, btw. Thank you all for your time and effort in rescuing my bricked tv set.
Looking forward to hearing some good news from fellow users and experts in this forum.
See you in a bit!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Need help on a BRICKED LA32E420-E2MXXD (Australia/Asian version)

Post by juusso »

Hi. Thanks for detailed explanation and let me guess... you touched Micom upgrade...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[E] General”