Root other TV brands?

This is general talk area for things that NOT RELATED WITH TV! Instead, about internal works like web site, forum, wiki, or talking, etc...

Johnny
SamyGO Project Donor

Root other TV brands?

Post by Johnny »

Does everyone know about equal boards that offer root to brands like LG, Panasonic or Sony TVs?

:!: I really do not suppose to boycott this board or to advertise other TVs.

:arrow: I hope not to ask against the board rules. If so, please do not delete my account - only this post!

Private messages on this topic are welcome, too!
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Root other TV brands?

Post by sectroyer »

Well isn't it best to ask on "other brands" forums ? :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
Johnny
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Johnny »

I already searched it.
But rooting seems to be impossible for other brands.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Johnny wrote:I already searched it.
But rooting seems to be impossible for other brands.
So no point in asking here :) People are here (mostly) because they are NOT interested in rooting other brands :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
tuxuser
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tuxuser »

LG is an Interesting brand to look at regarding rooting/modding. Project us called 'OpenLGTV'
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

tuxuser wrote:Project us called 'OpenLGTV'
If you have at least 4-5 years old LG, surely :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
smx

Post by smx »

Not really, there is something for newer ARM models, but most of people that were involved lost interest so i'm essentially alone to eventually polish and release things.
If any of you is interested in helping out you can join the #openlgtv IRC channel, as the forum needs some big update that i don't have the time to make.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

smx wrote:Not really, there is something for newer ARM models, but most of people that were involved lost interest so i'm essentially alone to eventually polish and release things.
If any of you is interested in helping out you can join the #openlgtv IRC channel, as the forum needs some big update that i don't have the time to make.
Hehe. What do they run on "newer ARM models"? Linux or some custom OS ?:)
smx

Post by smx »

Linux in all of them, starting from 2008/2009 all the way up to 2016.
Smart models run ARM processors, while non smart models run MIPS processors.

They run Netcast and WebOS.
Netcast is now considered old, and new models are made with WebOS, except for the non smart ones iirc.

The hardware ranges from single core MIPS processors to quad core ARM Cortex A9 SoCs, and ARM big.LITTLE on the recent high end models. Vendors are MStar, Mediatek, LG (in house, together with ARM LTD.), and probably one single "Genesys" brand board (probably their earliest one, and the only big endian system)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Hehe, a lot of stuff...

Return to “General”