Bootloop 40D5720 (Watchdog disabled)

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

TheLexus

Bootloop 40D5720 (Watchdog disabled)

Post by TheLexus »

Hello there,

i have D5720 which is bootlooping. I get the channel overlay and after a few seconds a restart. I read around the forum and tried these steps so far:

1) Factory Reset via service menu
2) Disable watchdog via service menu

I know that next thing would be the eeprom, but i wonder why the tv keeps restarting even with disabled watchdog?

Bye and Thanks
TL
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Bootloop 40D5720 (Watchdog disabled)

Post by juusso »

You re wrong. First you have to tell when you got bootlop. What did you do right before tv started bootlooping.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
TheLexus

Post by TheLexus »

Hi juusso,

thanks for your reply.

its the tv of my grandparents and i guess they haven't done anything special. Maybe a over night firmware update, but the last one i found was mid last year...

Could it be that some caps on the motherboard are defective and does force that boot loop or do you have other things i should try.

Bye!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

It tv bricked during night-firmware-upgrade, then nothing will help. Do not waste your time nor nerves. Just search for another mainboard (or ask to repair if covered under warranty...).

Tv can restart if checksums of firmware partitions are wrong. This may happen (and often happens) because of firmware upgrade procedure failure/blackout/proccess interrupt for unknown reasons/internal flash failures etc.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[D] Support”