Hacking TV over Hotel mode (most C series models)

General forum for C series TVs.

dksoul
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Hack for C550 and other C models

Post by dksoul »

pjg0 wrote:I would have this working on the C630 series except I can't get the TV to recognize an ext3 drive.

I think I could have success with NTFS, but I think it won't work because it's read-only. It should be able to copy through the symlink even though the fs is read-only, so that isn't a problem.
It works when the clone path is on /mtd_rwarea, so it must need write permission for something else in the directory its cloning to.
I tried symlinking the *_Clone directory to the writable /mtd_rwarea, thinking it might want write permission there. Didn't help.
Maybe there is another temporary file it needs to write?

An strace on exeDSP(I think?) during the clone to TV function from a rooted C550/C650 would be very, very, very helpful if anyone would like to help. strace seems to be included with SamyGO, so it shouldn't take much effort.
Check the kernel image (from an update image) to verify if it has ext3 built-in.
timoo

Post by timoo »

decrypting is possible,but reencrypting and flasching modified firmware is much harder because of aes keys and authuld :/
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Hi All.
We are trying to build C series compatibility table here.

So please post your TV info to this topic: http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1164
Or fill the wiki page by yourself.
Thank you.
dksoul
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by dksoul »

pjg0 wrote:I don't think there is a way to decrypt the firmware.
The kernel image is not encrypted (at least not on the T-TDT5DEUC).
pkoper

Post by pkoper »

dksoul wrote:Check the kernel image (from an update image) to verify if it has ext3 built-in.
C630 does support Ext3, FAT & NTFS with Media Player but it doesn't work with Ext3 in "Export TV to USB" and "Import USB to TV" - the pop-up about new drive appears and you can play media from it but you cannot use it to clone settings. I think the same limitation exists for C650 but C650 can be rooted with Internet@TV and C630 doesn't have Internet@TV.

NTFS can be used to "Import USB to TV" and you can create symlinks with windows mklink utility but Linux kernel ntfs module doesn't recognize these symlinks.

If it would be possible to activate Internet@TV in C630, it could be rooted. I've tried changing the model to C650 after Hotel Mode + "Export TV to USB" option but it does nothing - "Contact Support" reports C650 but no new functionality appears.

Could you please explain the steps in the hack or find out any other method using FAT filesystem (there are no symlinks)?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [How-To] Hack for C550 and other C models

Post by juusso »

Bad, really bad. Because hack is based on symlinks. You can`t use symlinks in fat or ntfs, just ext3 propely - tv does not recognise symlinks in other tan ext3 file system...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[C] General”