replace internal decoder of C series with dvb t2 decoder?

This forum for information that related with C series hardware instead of firmware/software.

chdebd

replace internal decoder of C series with dvb t2 decoder?

Post by chdebd »

I have a 40" c series TV with BN40-00172A DTOS40CVH081A internal decoder. Does anyone know if I can replace this with a DVB T2 decoder?
The MB read DVB T2 near the decoder which is really a DVB T
76B244E4-DC61-426E-AE67-71459ED81F1D.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: replace internal decoder of C series with dvb t2 decoder?

Post by beatfreak »

wwell, firts you would have to find the needed model of tuner, since i dont know of any C-Series TVs that came with T2 Tuner you would have to find one that is fully compatible with the old one.
After that and after successfully replacing it you have a 35% chance of getting it to work.
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
chdebd

Post by chdebd »

Maybe that MB was used in other TVs other than Samsung and maybe one had the DVB T2 tuner. Gotta find out the MB model. Anyway where does that 35% chance come from?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Keep in mind that tv will never be hevc able anyway (as it comes with T2 in most countries).
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
chdebd

Post by chdebd »

zoelechat wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:49 pm Keep in mind that tv will never be hevc able anyway (as it comes with T2 in most countries).
Isn’t that relevant for 4K ? In Italy max we have is 1080i.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Well you can encode 320x200 hevc stream if you like to (for sure not interlaced, unsupported). Actually depends on each country's roadmap, I guess some research could tell.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
chdebd

Post by chdebd »

The roadmap for dvb t2 tells it’s going to be hevc so yes. Maybe it would make no sense to make such an upgrade
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

chdebd wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:54 pm Maybe that MB was used in other TVs other than Samsung and maybe one had the DVB T2 tuner. Gotta find out the MB model. Anyway where does that 35% chance come from?
just a rough estimate, if you can build the needed modules for the new tuner you might at least have a chance to get FTA channels, getting a smartcard to work is on a totally different page after that...
You'll be more or less starting from scratch with the software side after you managed to get compatible hardware / made it compatible
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.

Return to “[C] Hardware”