UE32F5500AK resets when connected to network

Here for general support for F series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Frosty12345

UE32F5500AK resets when connected to network

Post by Frosty12345 »

Hi,

I have an ageing Samsung tv (Uk region) that until today had no problems. It’s not rooted and it’s running the official Samsung firmware from November/December 2019.

This morning out of habit I retuned the channels, searched for a firmware update and deleted a load of useless apps (ketchup!?).

As of this evening (potentially unrelated) it keeps resetting itself every so often (about every 30-90s). By process of elimination I found that if it’s not connected by WiFi or Ethernet cable, then it doesn’t reset, and tv can be watched uninterrupted. When it’s connected via WiFi or Ethernet cable it will reset itself.

I’ve tried the reset button in the customer menus and checked for software updates again (on the rare occasion that it will stay on for long enough). I either get the message that no updates are available or for some reason the server can’t be reached get in touch with Samsung.

Out of desperation I entered the engineering menus and performed factory reset & reset smart hub, and disabled the watchdog.

Now the only app available is the web browser. The software update button in the menus is greyed out. If I try the reset process through the customer menus again it just hangs.

Help please!?

Any suggestions to get it working properly? Or at least me back to where I started?

I had thought to try and load the latest firmware again by usb stick. Not sure it’s possible though as the menu is greyed out. And if its already running the firmware on the usb stick then it might decide that there isn’t any update to perform.
Frosty12345

Re: UE32F5500AK resets when connected to network

Post by Frosty12345 »

Hi,
An update from me.

So it appears that some of the apps are still installed and working (iPlayer, all4). Some of the apps appear in the apps list (some have the icon and some don’t) but won’t load; just give a black screen (e.g. Netflix, rakuten & the Samsung App Store)

If I select _any_ of the apps from the quick access smart hub, then I always get the message “smart hub is updating”. But some apps can be loaded from the apps page (as above).

I tried to load the firmware again from the usb (rather than online) but it won’t load since no new update is available.

Is there any way to force all of the apps and the firmware (2127) to be reloaded?

Thanks
Frosty12345

Post by Frosty12345 »

I managed to get it working again by;

Tried to load samy go but didn’t have any success in installing it. I got the message “some activation files not processed. Read the rooting procedure.”. I gave up with that.

But I did succeed with installing firmware 0000 using a usb stick as described here
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=11378

At this point the screen was dim and there was a brief message “not for sale” after the update was installed but I carried on anyway.

Then installed the official Samsung firmware 2127 by usb stick, firmware from here;
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mode ... 5500AKXXU/

When I went back to the apps page there was only the web browser. When I looked again the apps were loading one by one. Now all appears to be working.

Samsung also have some advice here; not sure if it would have helped my situation or not. But it’s interesting to read;

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-a ... 3-f-range/

Best of luck to anyone else who experiences this problem.
Frosty12345

Post by Frosty12345 »

For future reference:

I tried using some of the apps on the TV a few days ago and none would load.

I reset the smarthub using the main menu options (according to the samsung instructions - https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-a ... 3-f-range/ ). This cleared all of the apps (apart from webbrowser). But I struggled to get the apps downloaded again.
Over a few days, in this order, I tried:
- loading software 0000 from usb memory stick & then latest software from usb memory stick ( viewtopic.php?f=63&t=11378 )
- reset smart hub via engineering menu (turn off the TV with the remote control, then press the buttons on the remote control: “Info, Menu, Mute, Power”)
- change OTA & OTN options from default (~on) to off & then on again via engineering menu
- reset tv via engineering menu
- check for online software update using main menu options

After checking for software update online, even though no updates were available, the apps started downloading again.

Note to self for next time: try reset smart hub, then check for online update.
Frosty12345

Post by Frosty12345 »

After further investigation to resolve the problem with running the standard apps:
After following all of the steps in the previous post, the apps downloaded and worked. However when I put the TV to standby & wake again the apps didn't load. Instead a black screen was shown.
I followed again all of the steps in the previous post. The apps downloaded and only worked until the TV was put into standby. On wake, the apps didn't load. Instead a black screen was shown.
In both cases I didn't load samygo.
Reading around the forum I saw some comments about the size of the samygo log file.
I installed samygo again & deleted 2 files: mnt\samygo.log & mnt\sam.log
The apps now work well even after putting the tv into standby & wake.

One thing I noticed, even after following the steps above (including using all the reset options & loading FW0000 & latest FW), a virtualusb config file that I had created (/mtd_rwarea/smb_userdata) was still present. Therefore I assume that even after following all these steps some files were remaining, including I assume the sam/samygo.log files.
Frosty12345

Post by Frosty12345 »

More notes;
I had to delete mnt\samygo.log & mnt\sam.log again.
Modifying some scripts stops the logging. I removed about 6-7 ">" from in SamyGO_data/run1.sh
Source:
viewtopic.php?p=106908#p106908

I decided I didn't need samygo anymore so unplugged the samygo usb stick.
But that meant that the standard apps (BBC, netflix etc.) didn't work again, but did work when the samygo usb stick was plugged in.
So I deleted some Samygo files from the TV itself before removing the usb stick.
Deleted;
/mnt/rcSGO
/mtd_rwcommon/SamyGO
multiple files (AutoStart busybox libSkype.so remshd remshd33 UEP_killer.sh) from /tmp/bin
Unplugged the usb stick
restarted TV
Basic apps seem to be working again without samygo usb stick

Source:
viewtopic.php?p=105321#p105321

Return to “[F] Support”