[ROOT] H Root Enabler

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: [ROOT] H Root Enabler

Post by sectroyer »

FrancYescO wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:58 pm It just stay forever in this state after going to Attempt#8

actually it started crashing the browser, but still no log like the screen in the first post :(

Here a video
Did you add samygo certificate permanently or do you have to accept it each time ?
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
FrancYescO

Post by FrancYescO »

sectroyer wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:16 pm
FrancYescO wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:58 pm It just stay forever in this state after going to Attempt#8

actually it started crashing the browser, but still no log like the screen in the first post :(

Here a video
Did you add samygo certificate permanently or do you have to accept it each time ?
Each time, idk how to add permanently, last option in the poupup is BLOCK this permanently..

PS. in the first post instructions says "and copy data.zip from InstallSamyGO-H to SamyGO folder" but there is no data.zip in the InstallSamyGO-H folder, only a "data" folder that looks identical to the one in SamyGO folder.

EDIT:
i've also tried to host the exploit (html, 2 js and bg.jpg) on local network to avoid https, same crash result.
d4rk3
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by d4rk3 »

My TV does the exact same thing after going to attempt #8. My browser crashes exactly the same too.
eigma

Post by eigma »

UN40H5201
T-N14M6AKUC-1111.1

Page loads, shows SSL warning (I click Allow), browser loads for a few seconds, screen flashes all black, browser restarts, with: "Your last browser session ended unexpectedly. Restore last session?"

Reason for trying this is, hypothetically, this can achieve code execution without touching mtd_rwarea at all (which I prefer).

[edit] On my device, all "arrays[ i].byteLength" are 0x20040 (instead of 0x200c0).

WebKit/537.42 Chromium/25.0.1349.2
UN40H5201 / T-N14M6AKUC-1111.1
akuhak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by akuhak »

UE32H4500
T-MST14DEUC-2900.0

I successfully got the root with this method with no issues (only SSL warning where I pressed allow).
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

eigma wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:50 am WebKit/537.42 Chromium/25.0.1349.2
That might be the reason. This is "Safari" bug and looks your TV is running webkit, so this bug won't work :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
adikos
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by adikos »

20210102_101032_026.jpg
I make this procedure but don't have vermagic.txt file. What do you mind to reboot tv? Turn it out from electric or only turn off by remote control? See attachment photo is it ok or not and what to do?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by adikos on Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

What is your TV ?
adikos
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by adikos »

HU7500 i get vermagic.txt and fully rooted my tv. I started oscam and works. I started smb and works. I have big problem to start ftp in virtualUSB. I was trying with curlftpfs but not working. Is somebody have experience with that?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

So all works, great :)

Return to “[H] Software”