04/UNU7100 mainboard on 06/UNU7100 panel

General forum talking area for N/QN series TVs.

mickyjenny

04/UNU7100 mainboard on 06/UNU7100 panel

Post by mickyjenny »

Hello everybody,
I had several problems with my UE49NU7170UXZT mainboard so I bought a new one on ebay. I didn't know that you can find at least 3 different mainboards on this tv, I had to learn it the hard way. :lol: The PCB is the same and so far I can see, the soldered components as well. I would say that the difference is in the default settings, and here comes my problem... When I turn the tv on the led flashes 2 times and the tv goes in a bootloop. According to the service manual is a panel error. My orginal mainboard is a BN94-12799E and by default works with a 49B6AU1NN panel. The new mainboard is a BN94-12798E that works with a 49A6AU0NN panel. If I take off one of the ribbon cables I can use the tv (blank screen with sound), enter in the service menu and change the kind of panel (I wait a few second, then press ok, down and ok). The problem is that I can count 350 options, how can I find my panel without reading? :? Is there anyone with this mainboard (04/UNU7100) that can take a look for me? There are 5 rows and 60 colums, if you just tell me the position of the 49B6AU1NN panel I can try to select it. Thank you in advance.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: 04/UNU7100 mainboard on 06/UNU7100 panel

Post by sectroyer »

mickyjenny wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:30 pm Hello everybody,
I had several problems with my UE49NU7170UXZT mainboard so I bought a new one on ebay. I didn't know that you can find at least 3 different mainboards on this tv, I had to learn it the hard way. :lol: The PCB is the same and so far I can see, the soldered components as well. I would say that the difference is in the default settings, and here comes my problem... When I turn the tv on the led flashes 2 times and the tv goes in a bootloop. According to the service manual is a panel error. My orginal mainboard is a BN94-12799E and by default works with a 49B6AU1NN panel. The new mainboard is a BN94-12798E that works with a 49A6AU0NN panel. If I take off one of the ribbon cables I can use the tv (blank screen with sound), enter in the service menu and change the kind of panel (I wait a few second, then press ok, down and ok). The problem is that I can count 350 options, how can I find my panel without reading? :? Is there anyone with this mainboard (04/UNU7100) that can take a look for me? There are 5 rows and 60 colums, if you just tell me the position of the 49B6AU1NN panel I can try to select it. .
I think it can change (I mean the number, not the panel). If it works without screen simply try all 350 options :) Maybe that will work :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
mickyjenny

Post by mickyjenny »

I was able to find on my BN94-12799E the position of the 49B6AU1NN panel, I tried to select it on the BN94-12798E board but nothing changed, bootloop with no screen and led flashing 2 times. I don't know if the boards have different firmware versions, maybe the position of my panel is different.
I tried to desolder and swap W25Q80DV and nothing changed, later I will try to do the same with the W25Q40CL. The last option is to swap the EMMC as well but I don't have a stencil for BGA 153 reballing.

Do you know if programmer like RT809H/F can read/write the firmware via HDMI on a new generation samsung tv?
I think that the serial reading with CH341A is no more possible, UART is now USB but you can just send a few stupid codes (so far I know). Maybe I will open a new thread about this.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

The nvram is more likely to be the W25Q40CL. Never heard about the firmware (was indeed probably log ago...) but for eeprom you still can use a CH341A type programmer with a SOIC8 clip instead of desoldering :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
mickyjenny

Post by mickyjenny »

I swapped the W25Q40CL but the problem is still there. The content of the BN94-12799E is different from the one on BN94-12798E but now I'm sure that to solve my problem I need a complete EMMC rewriting or a change of mainboard. :lol:
I will try to talk with a samsung repair service but I know that they will try to sell a new BN94-12799E. :roll:
If I could be sure that with a RT809F and a VGA-HDMI cable I could read and write the firmware without soldering cables on the mainboard I would buy one.
zoelechat wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:42 pm for eeprom you still can use a CH341A type programmer with a SOIC8 clip instead of desoldering :)
I know but I had a bad experience on a computer motherboard and now I always desolder before programming. :D
Anyway I tried with the clip and I couldn't read without desoldering the W25Q80DV (pin protected). No problem with the W25Q40CL, the content with the clip in circuit and desoldered was the same.
mickyjenny

Post by mickyjenny »

mickyjenny wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:10 pm I will try to talk with a samsung repair service but I know that they will try to sell a new BN94-12799E.
I spoke with a really nice samsung technician, he told me that the official repair center don't read/write the EMMC of the mainboard. He confirmed thet the serial interface just allow a few commands (stupid things like power on, volume up and so on). They don't offer EMMC reballing, he also told me that it will probably not work.
I'm sure that with a programmer like RT809H/F and soldering 6 tiny wires you can read/write the EMMC but this procedure is way to complicated for me . :lol:

Image from repairalltv.com:

If the ISP VGA to HDMI cable would work will be different, but I can't find an answer to this question.

Example from the web:

Return to “[N/QN] General”