Decrypting and encrypting firmware T-NKLAKUC_2201.0

General forum talking area for T/QT series TVs.

JackaFacka

Decrypting and encrypting firmware T-NKLAKUC_2201.0

Post by JackaFacka »

Hello everybody.

I have successfully decrypted T-NKLAKUC_2201.0 firmware for Q60T by using synacktiv's firmware decryptor which is open source on github. The next thing is to modify the firmware and encrypt it again back to upgrade.msd. The only problem is I don't have knowledge to encrypt it back. If somebody can make a python script for encryption it would be awesome! Or is there an universal way to encrypt files with aes encryption?
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Decrypting and encrypting firmware T-NKLAKUC_2201.0

Post by sectroyer »

JackaFacka wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:23 pm Hello everybody.

I have successfully decrypted T-NKLAKUC_2201.0 firmware for Q60T by using synacktiv's firmware decryptor which is open source on github. The next thing is to modify the firmware and encrypt it again back to upgrade.msd. The only problem is I don't have knowledge to encrypt it back. If somebody can make a python script for encryption it would be awesome! Or is there an universal way to encrypt files with aes encryption?
You don't have a key for that :) Once you modify fw RSA signature will NOT match. Synacktivs research doesn't tackle that. As a result You CAN encrypt the fw but it will NOT be (RSA) signed and as a result system will NOT install it. :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

Return to “[T/QT] General”