UN50AU8000F not accepting firmware updates OTA or via USB

General forum talking area for A/QA series TVs.

dictoresno

UN50AU8000F not accepting firmware updates OTA or via USB

Post by dictoresno »

im having an issue with my 50 inch AU8000. the Samsung website states that 2120 is the most recent version and ive tried EVERYTHING to get it to update via OTA and by USB, nothing works. im stuck on 1420 and it keeps telling me that its the most recent. the version listed on the tv is T-NKLSAKUC-1420.9, BT-S. all of the updates files listed on this website and Samsungs list them as T-KSU2EAKUC_T-NKLAAKUC. I assume these are two totally different firmwares and which is why this is happening? my 55 in AU8000 has its firmware listed as T-NJLAAKUC which I assume is correct.

my 55 inch AU8000 updated recently to 2120 OTA without an issue. I spoke with Samsung live chat yesterday and they stated 2120 is indeed the most recent updated firmware, but gave no explanation why the tv refuses to update it via USB or OTA. ive already reset my tv to factory settings and reset the smart hub. when I purchased the tv two weeks ago, it did perform an OTA update during set up, I assume to 1420. is 2120 somehow being misrepresented as 1420? 2120 shows (according to the files notes of the firmware) that it was released 12-23-22.

the USB is properly formatted, and all the files extracted to the root folder of the USB. I tried every combination of files and folders on the USB, including all of them (folders, exe file and image files) and also just the image file alone. nothing works.

anyone else have any ideas?
kembinimus

Re: UN50AU8000F not accepting firmware updates OTA or via USB

Post by kembinimus »

is your AU8000 with T-NKLSAKUC-1420.9 firmware new? I've seen many people having 2022 (B series) TV firmwares on newly purchased 2021 (A series) TV's. If that's the case then you should have nothing to worry about as you should be on the latest 2022 software. The issue I see here is that I cannot find any info from Samsung about this (for now at least) so you'll have to wait for OTA updates.
dictoresno

Post by dictoresno »

The AU8000 with the 1420.9 firmware is brand new and has a build date of October 2022. I have seen 1420.9 firmware on other Samsung TV’s as recent as December 2022 when they were pushed OTA so I assume it is possible this firmware is up to date with this main boards revision. My other AU8000 built in June 2022 has the normal 2120 firmware so I assume it’s an older revision. But as noted, there’s no variation or revision difference noted on the Samsung website to differentiate between the two.
kembinimus

Post by kembinimus »

Sound like it's just Samsung being Samsung, I bet only some of their internal TV teams knows what's going on with this... Anyway it sounds like you're on the latest 2022-series firmware so I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you really really need the firmware file on a USB, which you'll have to wait for Samsung to upload.

What might be a worthwhile thing to do is to make a post on official Samsung forums as that will most likely get visibility by their software team. The customer service (phone and webchat) teams are designed to "solve" your query with the least amount of involvement from their internal staff so that's mostly a dead end. I'm absolutely sure that they have the firmware files internally but it could be that they just forgot to push them out in the open as it's been months and several revisions of the firmware already.
dictoresno

Post by dictoresno »

I’ve already spoken to their staff three or four times and I’ve spoken to the moderators at length on the Samsung forums. Other users have noticed the possibility of main board differences, and the possibility that they use two different software for the same model because of that. The Samsung moderators have a greed to forward it to their engineers to see if they can get an answer.

Return to “[A/QA] General”