rooting UE75MU6179 for "ambilight" clone - how to? and possible downsides.

General forum talking area for M/Q series TVs.

snoe

rooting UE75MU6179 for "ambilight" clone - how to? and possible downsides.

Post by snoe »

Hi fellas!

every couple of years I restart my project to have ambilight on my TV.
In the past I simply used a RPI with libreelec and hyperion, but obviously that only works for content via the RPI. Not for Netflix or the TV which is used directly on the TV. (now I could switch completely to the RPI, but netflix 4k with HDR is just no something the pi can handle, same applies for the TV channels).

So I'm happy to become a donor to get support this great project. I would love to gather some feedback from the community about the tv model, if someone already rooted it, or if there is no root available, how many people have a similar model to figure out if there is even a need to create root for that model.

Also I'm interested to know if Samsung Apps (like Netflix) would still work after the rooting of the device. I haven't found anything about that in the Wiki or FAQ.
The wiki about the M-models is a bit empty still, happy to support to fill it :)

I'm curious about the experiences and learnings from the community and to dig deeper into this topic.

Best

s
KevinX8

Re: rooting UE75MU6179 for "ambilight" clone - how to? and possible downsides.

Post by KevinX8 »

I can help you with that if your tv is rooted, I'm planning to add a different way of running philips hue.

Return to “[M/Q] General”