Bricked OS? EEPROM reset

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

JohnyMammony

Bricked OS? EEPROM reset

Post by JohnyMammony »

Hi, I have Samsung tv (UE60KS7005).

It has bricked system. After couple of seconds from powering on you can't change source or volume.

Video and audio works

I tried reseting it in software but it's almost impossible. I managed to enter service menu couple of time but display is black when I do it. Once, blindly, I managed to do reset in service menu but it didn't help and now my remote has to pair everytime I turn tv on and it takes all the time I had to change source or volume before freezing.

I found out I can reset EEPROM and I tried that too but eather I'm doing something wrong or its just not working.

I bridged EEPROM SDA with EEPROM VCC and it did nothing.

I also bridged EEPROM SDA with SYS_NRESET

Tried to bridge SYS_NRESET with EEPROM GND

I have to add it was hard to bridge those "pins" as they are on opposite sides of the board.

From everywhere on internet it looks like bridged should be on chip not on connections on the edge of board. Is that what I was doing wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnyMammony

Re: Bricked OS? EEPROM reset

Post by JohnyMammony »

Connector with labels
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andrewc2001

Re: Bricked OS? EEPROM reset

Post by andrewc2001 »

Can anyone answer this topic? I'm looking for someone to answer because I have the same topic. If anyone has solution,download lagu please tag me. Thanks a lot.

Return to “[K] Support”