Service Mode/s

Support for C series TVs that all user could ask. Please do not ask a questions at other forums.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Service Mode/s

Post by juusso »

Why do you tell this for us? What do you want to get by playing on service menu?

It seems, you do not understand, that you can easy kill TV. Do not touch any service menu setting if you do not understand what it does. Here are a lot of topics from users like you - they`ve bricked their TV`s after playing with service menu.
Keep your hands away if you do not need get in trouble.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
gooseye
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by gooseye »

It is possible to change model type - see the wiki for enabling PVR on series to unlock service menu items.

I've done it on my UE32C6880 (made for Swiss market) in an attempt to enable support for Freesat (DVB-S) & Freeview (DVB-T) in the UK (EPG, auto channel storing etc). I didn't find such a model type :(, but learnt that some types provided similar support for other countries eg Holland. Currently the TV thinks it's a UE32C8000 with cable/sat/aerial tuners :)

Do at your own risk as juuso says!
gooseye
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by gooseye »

Enabling_the_PVR_for_C-Series

Same procedure to reveal extra menu items is described here, perhaps a little more clearly:
How_to_change_your_Internet@TV_region

Summary:
Enable Hotel Mode
Power Off
Enter Service Menu
Go to Hotel Mode/Clone to USB
...and then you see extra/unlocked menu items

Trick was first described here.

Remember to take a photo of each Service menu page before you touch anything!
DelRey00

Post by DelRey00 »

juusso wrote: Mon May 02, 2011 9:37 am Why do you tell this for us? What do you want to get by playing on service menu?

It seems, you do not understand, that you can easy kill TV. Do not touch any service menu setting if you do not understand what it does. Here are a lot of topics from users like you - they`ve bricked their TV`s after playing with service menu.
Keep your hands away if you do not need get in trouble.
I'm afraid I'm one of the idiots that played with the service menu and now my tv will not power on . I'm new to all of this and obviously had no business doing so but .. please what do I do now .. is there anyway to recover from it

Return to “[C] Support”