Hardware Compatibility

This forum is for information related with B series hardware instead of firmware/software.

sbav1
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Hardware Compatibility

Post by sbav1 »

nafrayu wrote:vertical green line (one pixel line thick...any guesses what this could be? Dont think its the panel because its gone when the background is black)
This could be pretty much anything:
1) panel (perhaps not the glass itself, but flex connectors/column drivers on flex connectors; nor easily repairable in any case)
2) T-con/FRC board
3) mainboard
4) IP (inverter & power board): probably not directly related to "green line" problem, but it might be responsible for damages to some other components.

My bets are on 1) & 2).

Is the OSD display (menu, Media Player start screen, Content Libarary) affected with "green line" too, or is the line showing only for signals from external sources?
Also you can try to perform some diagnostics first (troubleshooting, especially item 4-1-3 from B650 service manual):

Code: Select all

Check internal Pattern both of FRC and FBE3 if there is some picture noise.
FRC: Factory mode(Info - MENU - MUTE - power on) -> Control ->Test Pattern -> FRC PATT_BeforeDDR / FRC
PATT_AfterDDR -> Press right button of Remocon.
FBE: Factory mode(Info - MENU - MUTE - power on_ ->Control -> Test Pattern -> FBE Pattern Sel ->
Press right button of Remocon.
Case1: FBE ok,FRC NG: change the FRC Board Case2: FBE NG: change the main Board
However, I mostly found models of the C-Series or A-Series being offered.
Not very good idea IMO, components from A/C-Series TVs are by the general rule NOT compatible with B-Series hardware at all.
I guess, theoretically, some of them could be adapted for B650 by clever technician, and a lot of work. Not easy, not cheap, in most cases plainly impossible.
So getting to my point: Does anybody know if the Inverter and/or controller boards from these other Series/models (a damaged 579 for instance is offered for one 1 Euro on ebay right now ) are compatible with the panel/case from my 650 B model.
1) Mainboards from all LExxB65x models are mostly/reasonably compatible (but remember, there are some variants: CI/CI+, with/without DVB-S tuner)
2) Power and/or inverter board[s]: as long as the panel sizes are identical, there is substantial chance that IP board from broken LE*B5xx/LE*B6xx will be OK for your LE*B650. Not guaranteed; just a chance, but pretty good one.
3) T-con/FRC board: most likely you will need an exact replacement, specifically for your panel.

Anyway, asking those questions in some specialized TV technician's forums is probably more promising idea.

Return to “[B] Hardware”