Applications for CI+ Devices

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: Applications for CI+ Devices

Post by erdem_ua »

Thank you for good news.
Could you check that WatchDog status if it enabled after firmware upgrade or not?
If it's enabled itself by flashing new firmware, than there is no point to disable it. Thank you.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Okay, I released v0.16 and SamyGO RSA-Disabler application. Announced on twitter. Might be better to write wiki page about updating firmware on CI+ devices. Thank you.
langerhans

Post by langerhans »

Hi!
I was reading here for a while now and I'm impressed about the progress made!
I own an LE40B550 since 2 weeks.
I want to know if it will be possible to enable network support on the kernel since the update can be decrypted now. I was thinking about using a wireless stick for this device since there is no ethernet.

I just want to know if this will be possible in the future...
Oh, and video Playback on this device would be great too, since the Wiselink entry in service menu can't be changed on this device...
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

langerhans wrote:Hi!
I was reading here for a while now and I'm impressed about the progress made!
I own an LE40B550 since 2 weeks.
I want to know if it will be possible to enable network support on the kernel since the update can be decrypted now. I was thinking about using a wireless stick for this device since there is no ethernet.

I just want to know if this will be possible in the future...
Oh, and video Playback on this device would be great too, since the Wiselink entry in service menu can't be changed on this device...
I assume that you are owner of B550 CI+ device? because here ?s CI+ topic... Problem with your device is that, there is no Content Library / Game menu. You needed to execute an application (RSA-Disabler) for update the flash of your device. Since you don't have an access to linux shell of TV or can't run RSA-Disabler for disabling RSA Check, you cannot update your devices flash. Yes, you can modify your Firmware file by SamyGO tools. But whats for if you can't flash updated firmware image to your TV? So there is no hack available for CI+ devices that don't have access for Content Library / Game mode or reachable linux shell fo tv...

If you mention CI devices, that is another story. You can place network support by compiling custom kernel with networking stack from sources. After you can place wifi support too. I think TVs internal menus has no WiFi access sub menu, but you can configure your TV via scripts and could enable mounting NFS/SAMBA/UPNP shares... But definitely this thing require another topic at Firmware/Software forum.
rubinho76

Post by rubinho76 »

erdem_ua wrote:Okay, I released v0.16 and SamyGO RSA-Disabler application. Announced on twitter. Might be better to write wiki page about updating firmware on CI+ devices. Thank you.
where can I find the v0.16 Final ?
in our download area I only see the v0.15 and older

Greets
Rubinho
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

I think file is vanished :) You could download from here :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/samygo/ ... z/download
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Yes, you can see compatibility page at wiki...

Return to “[B] Software”