Ported: ChannelInfo App for D series

Here are software that related with Samsung D series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

McFly

Ported: ChannelInfo App for D series

Post by McFly »

Hi there,

recently I bought a UE40D6500VSXZG and was really disappointed that this brand new piece of technology is not able to display some program info when you change channels... Every cheap DVB-S receiver does that...

After rooting the TV with SamyGO I started to play around with it and finally was able to port the ChannelInfo App from B series (see Thread "Info when browsing channels?" in B-Brainstorm Forum) to my D series TV.

I have attached the application - to install, do the following:
- download and extract the zip file to your PC
- start the SamyGO app on your TV
- copy the directory "ChannelInfo" via ftp to your TV ( into this directory: /mtd_down/widgets/user )
- switch off and on your TV (reset)
- ChannelInfo should appear in the Smart Hub menu
- Start SamyGO first, then ChannelInfo

ChannelInfo is working on my UE40D6500VSXZG with T-GASDEUC-1015.1 firmware. I don't know if it runs on 1016 firmware, but since I kept the original "simple byte search" there are chances that it will.

There are still some issues with ChannelInfo:
- sometimes there is no information shown (altough the banner is there) or the info shown is from a previous program - pressing the INFO button updates the information (this behaviour seems the same as in B series version). Not perfect, but hey - better that nothing...
- you have to start SamyGO before starting ChannelInfo. Otherwise ChannelInfo simply doesn't start at all. I guess this is because of the new "security" features in C/D series which should prevent users from running their own programs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Ported: ChannelInfo App for D series

Post by arris69 »

McFly wrote:...
There are still some issues with ChannelInfo:
added to the "rooting widgetlist", let me know if it not installed with the other widgets.

thnx
arris
Denny

Post by Denny »

yeah, look much better then before ,
also confirm work on gasdeuc 1016,
i check later on gap8deuc, after check i add it in main game.so whitch is loading when you start SamyGO
to awoid multiple starting of subapps

McFly wrote:- you have to start SamyGO before starting ChannelInfo. Otherwise ChannelInfo simply doesn't start at all. I guess this is because of the new "security" features in C/D series which should prevent users from running their own programs
the part is removed by main samygo app launcher ^^
Denny - 데니 - 丹尼 (card2000)
UE55C8000 UE55D8000 UE32D6510 BD-C9600 3xDM8000
Reversing HW Demux Drivers and API from Samsung´s TV
McFly

Post by McFly »

Denny wrote:the part is removed by main samygo app launcher ^^
Is this part of SamyGO open source?
Actually I don't want to start SamyGO every time I use my TV - at the moment I don't need the features SamyGO provides (except root access when I am playing with own software or exploring the system). So I'd like to modify ChannelInfo to be able to start without SamyGO.

I've read many Wiki pages and forum threads until now - but I am still a bit confused... It's hard for me to understand what applies to my D series and what not... It's quite mixed up...

In the main thread about rooting the D series there is this statement: "Execute any Native application as shared object from Smarthub without any restriction (Game Launcher from loader no anymore need but will stay as sample.)"
Where can I find this "Game Launcher Sample"?
I also browsed the SVN repository but I can only find two C source files which seem not to provide that function of launching own shared libraries.

I would be very glad if someone could point me in the right direction.
McFly

Post by McFly »

OK, got it... sometimes it's just so easy... ;)

Using a modified lua start script from SamyGO, the ChannelInfo app can be started without loading SamyGO first.
Autostart is also possible by enabling Ticker-Autostart for ChannelInfo (in SmartHub press the blue button [D], go to Service Manager and set Ticker Autorun to ChannelInfo).

I've attached the new version - have fun...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Hey, welcome to SamyGO! Finally!
Great app, i hope not last one for D series ;)

As i was young, here was one great movie, trilogy... one of my favorites - "Back to future" ;)

Now i see, McFly brings D series to new level :)

p.s, where is DeLorean DMC-12 ?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
arris69

Post by arris69 »

McFly wrote:OK, got it... sometimes it's just so easy... ;)

Using a modified lua start script from SamyGO, the ChannelInfo app can be started without loading SamyGO first.
Autostart is also possible by enabling Ticker-Autostart for ChannelInfo (in SmartHub press the blue button [D], go to Service Manager and set Ticker Autorun to ChannelInfo).

I've attached the new version - have fun...
updated the version in widgetlist (develop install)

thnx for the app, but for next time pls make proper zip file (no subdir in zip archive)

arris
McFly

Post by McFly »

OK, after some research I understand what you mean by 'widgetlist'... I haven't read all pages of the rooting thread - so I didn't know that there are other widgets installed when loading SamyGO from the server... (at the time I've installed SamyGO there was only one widget)

Someone should update the Wiki pages to have an overview of the widgets installed in parallel with SamyGO.
And a Wiki page about correctly preparing a widget for publishing would also be good. How should someone know otherwise... I am still new to all that SamyGO stuff - I prepared the zip file for easy upload via ftp...
arris69

Post by arris69 »

McFly wrote:OK, after some research I understand what you mean by 'widgetlist'... I haven't read all pages of the rooting thread - so I didn't know that there are other widgets installed when loading SamyGO from the server... (at the time I've installed SamyGO there was only one widget)

Someone should update the Wiki pages to have an overview of the widgets installed in parallel with SamyGO.
And a Wiki page about correctly preparing a widget for publishing would also be good. How should someone know otherwise... I am still new to all that SamyGO stuff - I prepared the zip file for easy upload via ftp...
no problem, list is here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2721 , yes for descriptions/wiki page we need somebody (luckily laziness don't hurts :-) )

thnx
arris

Return to “[D] Software”