Internet access blocked on UE46ES8090

Here is information about customize your E series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

Thorh

Internet access blocked on UE46ES8090

Post by Thorh »

Hi,

i recently bought a Samsung UE46ES8090. Good picture quality, quite good sound. A camera on the upper side supports Skype in good quality. In order to use the web browser, i bought a remote control with QUERTZ-keyboard on the back - RMC-QTD1.
Everything worked fine for me until yesterday! Then i got an update for the SmartHub. When starting the web browser, they wanted me to agree, that a "Nuance" company could get voice information etc. I denied (i made photograps of it). Since then, no function which uses internet works - there is an now endless loop "start - deny..." I do not intend to allow them to gather voice (or may be camera) data! So i cannot use the internet anymore - for us in Germany, it is a money back case! So everyone who intends to buy a Samsung TV with built in Web Cam, shall be warned...
arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Internet access blocked on UE46ES8090

Post by arris69 »

Thorh wrote:Hi,

i recently bought a Samsung UE46ES8090. Good picture quality, quite good sound. A camera on the upper side supports Skype in good quality. In order to use the web browser, i bought a remote control with QUERTZ-keyboard on the back - RMC-QTD1.
Everything worked fine for me until yesterday! Then i got an update for the SmartHub. When starting the web browser, they wanted me to agree, that a "Nuance" company could get voice information etc. I denied (i made photograps of it). Since then, no function which uses internet works - there is an now endless loop "start - deny..." I do not intend to allow them to gather voice (or may be camera) data! So i cannot use the internet anymore - for us in Germany, it is a money back case! So everyone who intends to buy a Samsung TV with built in Web Cam, shall be warned...
hm, think the "Disclaimer" and "Agreement" will popup until you acctept it. but since some hours the samsung server are down again...
Thorh

Post by Thorh »

hm, think the "Disclaimer" and "Agreement" will popup until you acctept it. ...

Yess, you are right; but i will not accept it ;-) I think i will get my money back ;-)
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Thorh wrote:hm, think the "Disclaimer" and "Agreement" will popup until you acctept it. ...

Yess, you are right; but i will not accept it ;-) I think i will get my money back ;-)
+1.
Also that means forcing users to something that they doesn't want to do.
This is definitively against most law system. Since TV is "ours", not one could force anything to us.
From law aspect, this probably count as being "hacked by samsung" and you could claim that Samsung harmed "your own TV" and try to harm "your own life" by infecting your TV with a kind of spyware, under name of "system update" and forcing an agreement that means disastrous for your private life. It's good case for lawyers. Just ask for some million $, if you win, than could donate me some :)

Return to “[E] Firmware”