LE37B550: Do you recommend to upgrade to 2010.1? +other

Here is information about customize your B series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

oldman

LE37B550: Do you recommend to upgrade to 2010.1? +other

Post by oldman »

Hi, guys

I'm not an expert in editing firmware and I have some questions about my TV:

Code: Select all

Model: LE37B550A5W / LExxB55x
Model code: LE37B550A5WXXH

A header from the Service menu:

T-CHELEU-1017
T-CHL5DEUC-2008.0
T-CHL5DEUS-1004

WISElink enabled
Model switched from B550 to B650

Is there a way to enable/activate this features on the TV?
:

* DTS audio support
* Possibility to switch audio/subtitles for mkv files (like Haali Media Splitter)
* Big Subtitles
* Enable NET (via Wifi dongle)

I downloaded latest firmware T-CHL5DEUC_2010.1_Step2.exe from Samsung website. I tried to apply the patch (Patcher v0.24) on this file, but I didn't have the courage to upload this firmware to TV. I'm not sure if a downgrade from 2010.1v is possible.

So, Can I upload this modified firmware to TV? I wouldn't have a bricked TV. I have searched the wiki and forum for more information about B550, but I haven't found it.

Thank you in advance for your patience
40" Samsung UE40F6400
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: LE37B550: Do you recommend to upgrade to 2010.1? +other

Post by juusso »

Hi, you don`t get any of your wanted feature by upgrading TV with 2010 firmware, because you get a lot of restrictions and nothing else. This is so called "post-feb firmware"... Also we don`t have 100% solution for you to get your requested features. BUT i suggest you to make software upgrade using this firmware.
What you get after upgrade:
  • /mtd_rwarea/SamyGO.sh - ability to use custom scripts for autostart
  • Network enabled kernel - network over wifi (using supported wifi dongles)
  • U-boot access over ExLink (you need this in emergency only)
  • AD button for audio tracks (switch DVB audio tracks by pressing AD button)
  • GMT time zone patch (manually set your time zone)
  • ArFix2 patch integrated (change proportions of the screen in media player)
Also here are some other tricks to get big subtitles and audio track switch in mediaplayer. But for this you have to spend more time here and set all manually. Also you should know your TV has some limitation - here is no content library and just few of all games(without sdl graphic) will work on your TV. For this you need to make custom SamyGO.sh with autostart of your wanted game - use injectso or gdbtrick for this goal.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
oldman

Post by oldman »

juuso, thank you for link to custom firmware. I downloaded it and successfully uploaded to my TV. I'm happy, I'm able to change the subtitle size. Great! (I finally gave up the idea to play with fw v2010 :))

I wanted to configure the network, but I can not get past the first setting screen. Maybe I have an unsupported wifi dongle (Belkin F6D4050) and settings does not work without fully supported wifi dongle - is that right? Or should I change a value in the service menu?

In this forum, I found information how to activate DTS via ExLink cable. Is there any possibility to do it without the cable? I do not have the ExLink cable.

I do not understand how and where to get access to this setting:

/mtd_rwarea/SamyGO.sh - ability to use custom scripts for autostart
Please, can you provide me a link to a page with more information about this configuration?

juuso, Thank you once again! You are my hero
40" Samsung UE40F6400
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Initial configuration - just only with exlink cable.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

oldman

Post by oldman »

I understand. I have to get exlink cable. Thanks
40" Samsung UE40F6400
oldman

Post by oldman »

@juuso,

Finally I have ExLink Cable and I managed to connect to the TV via putty but I searched forum for how to activate DTS (without game menu or contens library) but I was not successful.

Please, can you provide me a link where is the step-by-step procedure how to activate DTS and how to activate my wifi dongle via console (lsusb: not found) ?
I can not find anywhere comprehensible procedure for beginners.

Firmware: T-CHL5DEUC-2008.0-v0.24-GMT2-ArFIX2-ADFIX-fwver-net-auto
Model: LE37B550A5W / LExxB55x
Model code: LE37B550A5WXXH
Wifi dongle: Belkin F6D4050 v2 (Ralink RT3070; driver: rt2870sta ?)
Thanks for help
40" Samsung UE40F6400
oldman

Post by oldman »

I searched the forum/wiki again... I hope I found the correct procedure. Can anyone confirm this?

1) the only thing I have to with above-mentioned firmware create an autoloader script (described here: Autoloader for custom "Game" plug-ins),
2) then just install the individual plug-ins using gdb tool (for enable/activate WIFI, DTS etc.).

That is it? I understand that correctly? Sorry for the stupid questions but I do not want to brick my TV...
40" Samsung UE40F6400
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

No, this is not corrext article for you. And moreover, this autoloader way is very dangerous and i wouldn`t recommend for any beginner nor advanced user. Just maybe devels only can use this with some required backdoor enabled.

So, you`re installed firmware T-CHL5DEUC-2008.0-v0.24-GMT2-ArFIX2-ADFIX-fwver-net-auto, or you just plan to do that?

oldman

Post by oldman »

Too bad to hear that ...

firmware T-CHL5DEUC-2008.0-v0.24-GMT2-ArFIX2-ADFIX-FwVer-net-auto I have already successfully installed.
40" Samsung UE40F6400
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Can you navigate to shell console trough exlink? To be able execute commands?
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title=E ... 530_series
Than enter menu numbers 11 : TD Debug -> 0x04 : spI Debug -> 68 : Shell

debug
Acutally the whole how to is available on russian site. Can you follow? I attach tweak3(network) and tweak4(apps autostart using injectso). Sorry, no how to in english available, i`m too lazy to translate :?

Check scripts i attached, they`re fully working. just don`t know if your usb wifi adapter is ok, perhaps you need to change vid&pid or need to use another driver (from SamyGO extensions), you have to adapt code for your TV. Scripts are tuned up to keeping in mind evrything is executed from /mtd_rwarea (check first.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “[B] Firmware”