ES8090 Issues

Here for general support for E series TVs, request and problem solve area.

darkar

ES8090 Issues

Post by darkar »

I have recently bought an ES8090 40inch TV and I am having some issues with it that I hope you can help with it:

1) The TV has a dimming issue: each time there is a dark scene the TV also dims the white parts - this is most annoying when in the middle of a movie in a dark scene the subtitles also dim- I have wrote Samsung and they have acknowledged the issue. It is related to local dimming and CE dimming. Using Movie picture mode solves this because dimming is disabled in that mode, but I can't use it either because the White colors in this mode have a brownish look - if anyone can help me resolve this - i tried playing with the White Balance and the 10p White Balance settings and using settings people posted on forums but it didn't solve the problem completely - the whites are still not as white and vibrant like in other modes, so: if you can help me make the whites in movie mode look like they are in standard mode for example or even better If you know of a method for disabling ce dimming in any mode using the service menu or other method.

2) Since I live in Israel I want Hebrew Subtitles, but since the TV was bought in Germany it doesn't have Hebrew installed and the Hebrew subtitles are presented backwards (instead of "red apple" it shows "elppa der") - the shop that imported the TV for me say that they can install Hebrew but that will render the SCART and Component ports inactive - I talked to them after reading online that only the SCART port should be inactive after this and they said that they will look into this - can you explain to me how to do this myself (adding Hebrew support) preferably without any port becoming inactive - I have already checked the service menu and the region section is grayed out (the country can't be changed).
Also, after installing Hebrew can I still update firmware normally - or does it affect the firmware and will compel me to update firmware from the Israeli website of Samsung (they have different firmware numbers there) and do you know of any other problems that might occur after doing this.

3) I was told (also by Samsung Germany via email) that the TV's integrated tuner supports DVB-T in Israel but a DVB-T TV technician was in my house and tried to make it work (after the antenna I purchased myself didn?t work) and he also was unable to make it work - but when he tried it with the same antenna with an external tuner it worked fine - does the TV meat the DVB-T standard in Israel which is:
An internal Digital tuner that supports DVB-T, MPEG-4 Part 10, H.264 video compression, HE ACC+V2 audio compression. I live in central Israel so the bands are UHF 26 514 MHZ. Does the TV support all of those? And can the fact that the TV doesn't have Hebrew language (or localization causes this)?
Also - when I entered the service menu I saw many tuner options - do they refer to the integrated tuner that controls the DVB-T and if so to what should i change them to make it work.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: ES8090 Issues

Post by juusso »

Pls dont repost your topic once and once again.
You have already posted same:
viewtopic.php?t=4697
And here
viewtopic.php?t=4674

Please use one place for your problem. You don't get any answer quicker if you replicate your topic once a week.

Locked.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[E] Support”