Ethernet multi function interface - issues

This forum is for information related with E series hardware.

oga83

Re: Ethernet multi function interface - issues

Post by oga83 »

juuso wrote:btw, another issue...
This issue is fixed

Also added a new feature : Arduino multi function interface is seen as a Samsung device in the Samsung Remote App to send IR codes
This way, you can remotely power on your unit :)
EthernetInterface-SamsungRemote.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Trying to change SoC eeprom value, but failed. WP is connected to GND, arduino won`t respond to "write", browser freezes on endless "waiting". Tried your old sketch as well, no success. Is SoC eeprom somehow more protected? At same time latests sketch is ok for micom eeprom.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
oga83

Post by oga83 »

juuso wrote:latests sketch is ok for micom eeprom.
Thank-you for your feedback :)
juuso wrote:browser freezes on endless "waiting". Tried your old sketch as well, no success. Is SoC eeprom somehow more protected?
This happens when there is no ACK on SDA after Arduino clocked SCK.
More precisely :
- when SDA is kept low by the mobo circuitry (no resistors between eeprom and Soc for example). But, as you can read the eeprom, this is probably not what you are experiencing.
- when /WP is not grounded. I'm sure you already checked this, but just in case, check that you have grounded the correct pin.

Some devices also have page locks, or I2C write enable commands (that will yield to a NoAck). Please give me your exact eeprom reference so that I can check in its datasheet.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

chip we`re talking about is labeled "24512RP". Sure i checked WP and it is correct pin. This is it, you can`t make mistakes here:
SpoilerShow
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

oga83

Post by oga83 »

juuso wrote:chip we`re talking about is labeled "24512RP"
I have exactly the same one on both my BD-E8300 and BD-D8900.
As it is working for me, it's not a missing I2C write enable command.

I assume that you have removed "width=8" from the url (read command will work anyway, but write won't).

To be sure there is no problem with WP still connected to the PCB, you could try to disconnect it. However, it's a little tricky if you never did it before : heat the pin with a soldering iron and use leverage to bend it so that it is disconnected from the PCB; then connect it to GND (reverse operation is easier : just heat the pin and bend it with the iron so that it lands back on the mobo).

Other than this, I'm afraid an oscilloscope is needed to see why there is no ACK on SDA.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

oops, yesterday checked new sketch for micom reading, but by mistake writing was on old sketch. Today tried once again, returns ok (some data), but won`t write. Will check with old sketch to be sure.

oga83

Post by oga83 »

Maybe a temporary bad contact on WP could explain hang-up ?
Old sketch or new one is exactly the the same (provided you don't use width=8)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Oga83 wrote:Connect the eeprom SDA&SCK signals to the Arduino board pins A4/A5 (with a 100 ohms resistors)
:oops: i haven`t used any resistor... Hope nothing burned out... no smell noticed... :oops:

Update: fixed some issues: SCL wire was almost broken very close to the mainboard and had no connectivity, added two 220 ohm resistors. Issue closed.
You were right, Olivier!

p.s. SoC eeprom r/w ok, but micom won`t accept wide=8. Same first byte issue i already had.
SpoilerShow
// 11-01-2013 / v1.2 / oga83
http://192.168.1.178/write?device=80&ad ... =AA&wide=8
0000: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
0020: AA FF B0 CD 00 FF 00 FF 00 00 02 01 FF 65 6E 67 FF 00 FF FF 01 C2 2B 01 6E FF B2 FF FF FF FF FF

oga83

Post by oga83 »

juuso wrote:Update: fixed some issues: SCL wire was almost broken very close to the mainboard and had no connectivity, added two 220 ohm resistors
I'm happy it works now !
juuso wrote:micom won`t accept wide=8
You should use width=8 instead of wide=8
Did I make a typo somewhere ?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

oga83 wrote:Did I make a typo somewhere ?
I wonder why my TV still alive... Yes, no typos, just my imagination :mrgreen:
Issue closed.

Return to “[E] Hardware”