Wanted: Multi-region Widgets on F-Series!

Here is information about customize your F series firmware.

alllexx

Re: Wanted: Multi-region Widgets on F-Series!

Post by alllexx »

sectroyer wrote:You have samyGO working?
I don't have it installed, but I can install it any time using a web server on my nas
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Skype hang on loading is usually indication of working SamyGO:) That's why I ask:)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
alllexx

Post by alllexx »

sectroyer wrote:Skype hang on loading is usually indication of working SamyGO:) That's why I ask:)
I followed rooting instructions I quoted earlier, which included installing SamyGO, inserting a USB flash drive with files "data/AutoStart" and "data/libSkype.so", and then launching SamyGO. I take it, after doing this SamyGO replaced the original libSkype.so, which probably made Skype hang on boot. I removed SamyGO afterwards, but this didn't help. My guess is that I have to restore the original lib to make Skype work. Correct me if I'm wrong :)
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Of course you are wrong:) removing samygo was a bad idea:) You have successfully rooted your TV:)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
alllexx

Post by alllexx »

sectroyer wrote:Of course you are wrong:) removing samygo was a bad idea:) You have successfully rooted your TV:)
Well, I tried ssh, telnet, ftp, and they all didn't work. Later on I read a post saying that you can't use SamyGO for now to root if you're running 1118 or 1120 firmwares (and, sadly, I do run 1120) :( Hence I neither have root, nor Skype :)

UPD: Thank you all for your kind support! It appears that System -> Setup does not reset all the settings, but Support -> Self Diagnosis -> Reset (of which I was not aware of) does. Skype is finally working again :)

Return to “[F] Firmware”