Wanted: Multi-region Widgets on F-Series!

Here is information about customize your F series firmware.

lemonaed
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Wanted: Multi-region Widgets on F-Series!

Post by lemonaed »

I'm in! I got my UA46F7 series rooted!

The issue I had was that was that i had to do further changes to the code in the widgetlist.xml. The filesize of the zip file has slightly changed and had to be updated. I also had to to change the folder address as well. But I'm in!

Now, silly question, but when it comes to transferring the widgets onto my pc, is it the long file number containing no files that I need to transfer, or is it the file ending with _img?

I'm almost there! Thanks.
lemonaed
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by lemonaed »

I've just noticed that I don't have a 'USER' file.

/mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user does not exist. Only /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/normal exists. Does this mean that every time I switch off the TV I have no way of permanently storing my widgets? I'm not sure what firmware version I am on. Perhaps there is another folder I can use to store these files? Has anyone experienced this problem?
bigmh13
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bigmh13 »

lemonaed wrote:I'm in! I got my UA46F7 series rooted!

The issue I had was that was that i had to do further changes to the code in the widgetlist.xml. The filesize of the zip file has slightly changed and had to be updated. I also had to to change the folder address as well. But I'm in!

Now, silly question, but when it comes to transferring the widgets onto my pc, is it the long file number containing no files that I need to transfer, or is it the file ending with _img?

I'm almost there! Thanks.
The folder ending with .img
Last edited by bigmh13 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
UE40F7005 Firmware T-FXPDEUC-1112.6 Rooted
bigmh13
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bigmh13 »

lemonaed wrote:I've just noticed that I don't have a 'USER' file.

/mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user does not exist. Only /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/normal exists. Does this mean that every time I switch off the TV I have no way of permanently storing my widgets? I'm not sure what firmware version I am on. Perhaps there is another folder I can use to store these files? Has anyone experienced this problem?
If you don't have any user widget installed where will be no /user folder (you deleted samygo?)

If you deleted samygo widget and change the smart hub country (if turning tv on/off you lose root) you will not have a /user folder. You can just make it your self.
lemonaed
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by lemonaed »

bigmh13 wrote:

If you don't have any user widget installed where will be no /user folder (you deleted samygo?)

If you deleted samygo widget and change the smart hub country (if turning tv on/off you lose root) you will not have a /user folder. You can just make it your self.

Hi bigmh13. Success, I have my Australian tv apps and my English apps on the one screen! It's taken me all day to figure this out but it was worth it!
Thank you so much for your help. I was a little anxious about this project as I had never before set up web server, used FTP etc., but thanks to your good instructions and the other posts on this forum, (and some studying of other posts over the past 2 weeks) I'm now a happy camper with multi-region widgets!

One thing I have noticed is that when I switch regions the Samygo app deletes! This is strange! This is why I lost the user folder. So now when I want to grab the img files from different countries I have to reload samygo on the country in question, root the tv, retrieve the file, switch back to the region I want, and do the same install again! It's a bit awkward but at least it is working! Do I have to keep the pen drive in the TV even after the SamyGo app is installed? I have a funny feeling that i do.
bigmh13
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bigmh13 »

lemonaed wrote:
bigmh13 wrote:

Hi bigmh13. Success, I have my Australian tv apps and my English apps on the one screen! It's taken me all day to figure this out but it was worth it!
Thank you so much for your help. I was a little anxious about this project as I had never before set up web server, used FTP etc., but thanks to your good instructions and the other posts on this forum, (and some studying of other posts over the past 2 weeks) I'm now a happy camper with multi-region widgets!

One thing I have noticed is that when I switch regions the Samygo app deletes! This is strange! This is why I lost the user folder. So now when I want to grab the img files from different countries I have to reload samygo on the country in question, root the tv, retrieve the file, switch back to the region I want, and do the same install again! It's a bit awkward but at least it is working! Do I have to keep the pen drive in the TV even after the SamyGo app is installed? I have a funny feeling that i do.
Great :D

No you can remove the pendrive after SamyGo is installed and you run the hack
ovbg

Post by ovbg »

This all sounds absolutely amazing.

However, I was wondering if this could be done on an F-series Blu-Ray player - afterall, this would make it so much cheaper for many people who already have a modern TV (smart or otherwise) so don't want to buy a whole new one.

A Blu-Ray player is a lot cheaper.
lemonaed
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by lemonaed »

ovbg wrote:This all sounds absolutely amazing.

However, I was wondering if this could be done on an F-series Blu-Ray player - afterall, this would make it so much cheaper for many people who already have a modern TV (smart or otherwise) so don't want to buy a whole new one.

A Blu-Ray player is a lot cheaper.
As far as I am aware the hack is only possible on the TV's only.
imtiyazee

Post by imtiyazee »

Dear Friends,
I own Samsung UA-46-F7500. After going through the forum i managed to root my T.V, and have apps from multiple multiple country. In order to collect some selected apps i had to re-set the smart hub many times and backup the required apps. When i placed the apps in USER folder as advised in the forum, i was able to see all the apps i placed in the USER folder but when i tried to add more apps by resetting and followed the same procedure as i did for the first time but this time I'm unable to see any apps in the smart hub, but i can see the storage space is being utilised. I managed to root also have access to the FTP, MY CONCERN IS EVEN THOUGH I HAVE ROOT ACCESS WITH FTP, I CAN'T SEE MY APPS IN SMART HUB WHICH I PLACED IN USER FOLDER. KINDLY GUIDE ME IF I'M DOING ANYTHING WRONG.

Thanks.
bugficks
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by bugficks »

are you retarded or is your keyboard broken?

Return to “[F] Firmware”