Service Menu at HT-D5000

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

doppelpapa2003

Service Menu at HT-D5000

Post by doppelpapa2003 »

Hello,

since a longer time, i watch out for a solution with my HT-D5000.

I won that device and tried to connect it to my Home-Cinema.
My config is
- Denon AVR 3806 Receiver (7.1) with HDMI in/out, also optical an coax bitstream possible.
- Samsung TV UE46D6200 moddet to 6300
- HT-D

First i tried to connect the HT-D direct to the Receiver but in that configuration it was not possible to watch 3d because the bandwidth of the receiver is to low.
Second i connected the HT-D to the TV and switched off anynet+. Picture was ok but without sound. Then i found out, that it is possibele to select the direction of the sound-signal at the HT-D. So sound also was ok.
But this setting is temporary, means if i change the disk or switch of an on it will be set to the factory setting.

My question is: is it possible to enter the service-menu - other forums mean there is no service menu at this device - or does anybody have an other solution to solve this problem. Or does anybody have a schematic of this series, mayby to get a bistream out signal anywhere at the mainboard. It should be similary to the BD-Players...

Thanks forward for your answers.

doppelpapa2003
sbav1
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Service Menu at HT-D5000

Post by sbav1 »

doppelpapa2003 wrote: But this setting is temporary, means if i change the disk or switch of an on it will be set to the factory setting.
Yeah, similar thing with HT-D7100 - after power off/on, it always defaults audio out to it's own speakers.
My question is: is it possible to enter the service-menu - other forums mean there is no service menu at this device
AFAIK, in D-series BD/HT devices, service menu (as such) is only implemented in the models equipped with DTV tuner (BD-D6900 & BD-D8XXX).
Or does anybody have a schematic of this series, mayby to get a bistream out signal anywhere at the mainboard.
No service manual for HT-D5XXX w/ schematics (publicly) available I'm aware off. There are service manuals with detailed schematics for HT-D4500/4200 and BD-D7000 - links were previously posted here in the forums.
HT-D5000 is Samsung Firenze SoC based model, so - actually, there is a pretty good chance it does have a little test pad labeled "SPDIF_TX" on the mainboard. It is true for (at least) HT-D4500 & HT-D7100 (also Firenze based models). Question is, will this pad/output be actually useful for anything..

First, this "SPDIF_TX" is bare SoC spdif output (GPIO level/3.3V, most likely, with very little current/load capability). You can not (well - you can, but you rather shouldn't, unless you like to live dangerously) connect it directly to the receiver. To do it properly you'll need some extra components (amplifier + isolation transformer for coaxial, and amplifier + emitter for optical spdif).
Second, we don't known if there will be an actual signal on "SPDIF_TX" - while all what's needed for that is embedded in the Firenze SoC (including support for hardware-accelerated DD & DTS encoding/reencoding), HT-D* models tend to have their own firmware branches (notably different from various BD-D* versions). There is really no telling what you can expect in practice regarding spdif out implementation (if any) in those HT-D* firmware branches.
doppelpapa2003

Post by doppelpapa2003 »

Hello sbav1,
thank you for your reply. I searched for a long time, but now i found the pad at the bottom side. It?s position is, holding the sockets for LAN, USB and HDMI upwards, in the upper left corner of the square with the fixing for the heat-sink.

At other web-pages i found some schematics to connect a Tos-Link socket. It seems to be not to complicated. All Sockets i found work with a source of 5V with a small cap to the GND. The input of the signal is always directly to the processor. Only some has a 4th connection to install a resistor for protection of the ir-led.

I will try it out and leave you an other message.

doppelpapa2003
doppelpapa2003

Post by doppelpapa2003 »

It?s tested - IT WORKS!!!

Today i connected a IR-Transmitter.
I took a - recycled - Transmitter and soldered it to a small pcb. Like the manufacturer oft the Transmitter discribed at the datasheet i placed a capacicator of 100nF in a distance of 10mm to the VCC and GND. Then i soldered the 3 wires direct to the test-pins. VCC and GND from any test-pin at the board. Signal direct without any other components to the SPDIF-TX pin at the bottom-side of the mainboard.
Next step was to plug in the fiber-cable an switch on the system. A few seconds later: SOUND! IT WORKS!

Thanks for this great solution!

If anybody needs further information pleas contact me.

doppelpapa2003
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

some wiki article of procedure with photos and/or simple circuit would be really great... :roll:
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
doppelpapa2003

Post by doppelpapa2003 »

Oh, sxxx! I has to disassemble and to assemble the whole unit again.
Ok, i will do it, but pleas give me a few day. At the moment i want to enjoy my work...

Return to “BluRay Players”