[App] Rooting E and F Bluray Players (no Cinavia ;))

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: [App] Rooting E and F Bluray Players (no Cinavia ;))

Post by sectroyer »

tasos1976 wrote:Hi! I am writing to you from Greece. Are you sure this is going to work for us here?
This is the last official firmware through Samsung.
Is it a download patch or is it an update from the internet? I am asking this because if it is an update from the internet, due to I like in Greece, I would be able to connect to DNS
I cannot say anything "for sure" I can just say that from my knowledge it "should work" :) Using the patch is quite easy you just have to prepare an USB with necessary files run an app and you should get root. After that running patch is fairly straight forward :) Other tester with "latest" F firmware is using this stuff without an issue :) What I can say "for sure" is that if you don't disable updates/block them on router or something one day you will get Cinavia again :) Samsung always tries to give users "features" like Cinavia :) It might be a month or a year...
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
hass1515

Post by hass1515 »

hi I have msg
You are not authorised to read this forum
what deos I do to remove cinivia
I have bd-f6500
hass1515

Post by hass1515 »

how can I root my bluaray player ??
my bd is :bd-f6500
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

hass1515 wrote:hi I have msg
You are not authorised to read this forum
what deos I do to remove cinivia
I have bd-f6500
hass1515 wrote:how can I root my bluaray player ??
my bd is :bd-f6500
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6564
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
tasos1976
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tasos1976 »

I have made the steps and when go to smartHub I don?t see the app!

I made something wrong?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

tasos1976 wrote:I have made the steps and when go to smartHub I don?t see the app!

I made something wrong?
No, it is very common problem. usually you have to try putting the USB in different configuration. When Blu-ray is off, when it's on, etc... Also did you use FAT usb stick?
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
tasos1976
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tasos1976 »

ok, launch the samygo app!
However, after reboot open web browser and nothing happend just open my home page
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

tasos1976 wrote:ok, launch the samygo app!
However, after reboot open web browser and nothing happened just open my home page
Ehhh you choose the thread incorrectly once again :) Take a look here:
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=8101
You should ask there. There are other F users who successfully rooted their bluray players :)
This thread is only informative. I think if you launch the app once again you should get telnet on port 5023 :)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

tasos1976 wrote:I have made the steps and when go to smartHub I don?t see the app!

I made something wrong?
Okay tasos1976 was able to root his bluray player and remove Cinavia if anyone interested so it works also with this model :)
grokman
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by grokman »

Just double checking before proceding. I have a BD-F5900 with firmware 1017.0. Will I be able to remove Cinavia, if I donate and follow instructions?

Thank you.

Return to “BluRay Players”