[Ended][ROOT] H "Skype" root (FW<=Dec.2014, all T-GFS)

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [!] Rooting H series

Post by juusso »

power off tv and disconnect usb. Moreover, you can watch tv without any usb connected. USB is required for root and samygo extensions only, it does not affect tv functionality per se.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

parsifal wrote: The MD5 hash of the samyext4.img file (as extracted in my PC and also when read-back from my USB drive) is:

Code: Select all

a1f0630783dacf60c5745e44c0a20b1f
Well md5 on PC doesn't matter because it's BAD on TV :) Your TV doesn't like your USB :) Otherwise you wouldn't get Input/Output error :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
parsifal
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by parsifal »

sectroyer wrote:Well md5 on PC doesn't matter because it's BAD on TV :) Your TV doesn't like your USB :) Otherwise you wouldn't get Input/Output error :)
I see. I will try with another flash drive then.

Should I just copy the 2 folders with their contents from the first USB drive to a second drive? Do I need to delete any of the files (getroot.ok, getroot.txt, sam.log) that were created during the root procedure?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

parsifal wrote:
sectroyer wrote:Well md5 on PC doesn't matter because it's BAD on TV :) Your TV doesn't like your USB :) Otherwise you wouldn't get Input/Output error :)
I see. I will try with another flash drive then.

Should I just copy the 2 folders with their contents from the first USB drive to a second drive? Do I need to delete any of the files (getroot.ok, getroot.txt, sam.log) that were created during the root procedure?
Better don't copy ANYTHING from your faulty USB :) Just redownload files and then try again :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

Hi, I'm very happy to know that root is finally available for H-series too. Patience has been rewarded :) A lot of thanks to the people who made this thing possible.

Though I have to be patient yet another bit before doing anything, since I've read in the prerequisites that alarming line about Skype and, ignoring why it is even involved in root procedure, now I want to know: does it mean that Skype will never work again after rooting? I absolutely need to know this before doing anything, because being able to use Skype on my tv is crucial to me. Thank you.
Tv model: UE40H6400
Firmware: T-MST14DEUC-2117.5
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

tendi wrote: I absolutely need to know this before doing anything, because being able to use Skype on my tv is crucial to me. Thank you.
Hehe for now NO :) It might change any day because I have some idea how to make it work :)
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

Hehe for now NO :)
Mmm, bad news. It's hard for me to give up at this moment, but I have to, since I'm called to choose between decrypting my recordings and being able to continue to use Skype.
It might change any day because I have some idea how to make it work :)
Then I truly hope that your ideas will solve this issue! ;) (Just to say, couldn't it be possible to replace another unused app with the actual Skype? To fake it and make the tv believe that it is something else?)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

tendi wrote: Then I truly hope that your ideas will solve this issue! ;) (Just to say, couldn't it be possible to replace another unused app with the actual Skype? To fake it and make the tv believe that it is something else?)
Of course it's possible we can fake TV on Skype and fake you on root :) We will make an app that displays "TV rooted" and you will be faking happiness of having root ? :)
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [!!!] Rooting H series

Post by tendi »

No, wait, you didn't understand what I wanted to say. I meant, apart from the "modified" Skype app which is needed for root, if could be possible to mantain the actual Skype app (the untouched one) under a fake identity, by replacing another useless app.
sectroyer

Re: [!!!] Rooting H series

Post by sectroyer »

tendi wrote:No, wait, you didn't understand right. I meant, apart from the "modified" Skype app which is needed for root, if could be possible to maintain the actual Skype app (the untouched one) under a fake identity, by replacing another useless app.
Well if you want "fake Skype". You already have that after rooting. You will have Skype icon which you can run and get Skype splash screen. No need to "fake" anything more. Waste of time :)

Return to “[H] Software”