[App] More TV channels on E/F/H series

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

meiser
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] More TV channels on E/F/H series

Post by meiser »

Please find attached the logs.

During these tests, I made the following observations:
- the stream didn't start after quiting SmartHub
- the A,B,C,D keys, number keys and power button didn't work anymore
- I couldn't start SmartHub anymore
- the on-screen display "Loading"/"Buffering" wasn't shown anymore
- I had to switch to one DTV channel to make the keys working again
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wluczykijwf
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by wluczykijwf »

meiser wrote:During these tests, I made the following observations:
- the stream didn't start after quiting SmartHub
- the A,B,C,D keys, number keys and power button didn't work anymore
- I couldn't start SmartHub anymore
- the on-screen display "Loading"/"Buffering" wasn't shown anymore
- I had to switch to one DTV channel to make the keys working again
You try replace Main.js script in main OnlineTV directory and share a log.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sorry for my english
UE40F8000 (T-FXPDEUC-1136.0), BD-D5500
meiser
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by meiser »

OK, the keys are working now.

What I found out is that if I use another widget in SmartHub and then exit SmartHub, the stream starts to play. If I just start SmartHub and exit immediately, I have to switch the channel so that the stream starts again.

BTW, where can I find the default values for the E series for SetTotalBufferSize_AllType, SetInitialBufferSize_AllType, SetPendingBufferSize_AllType and SetInitialTimeOut_AllType? I would like to tune these parameters so that the stream starts a bit earlier.
wluczykijwf

Post by wluczykijwf »

meiser wrote:[...] What I found out is that if I use another widget in SmartHub and then exit SmartHub, the stream starts to play. If I just start SmartHub and exit immediately, I have to switch the channel so that the stream starts again.
I know. This app isn't ideal. :P I'm using many tricks to it's worked for F-series and more tricks to it's worked in other series. Of course, I try to constantly develop and fix it, but I don't always manage to find a solution for everything. Still it seems to me that makes it easier to watch IPTV on TV :D
meiser wrote: [...] where can I find the default values for the E series for SetTotalBufferSize_AllType, SetInitialBufferSize_AllType, SetPendingBufferSize_AllType and SetInitialTimeOut_AllType? I would like to tune these parameters so that the stream starts a bit earlier.
If the Value < 1KB then set default Value:

Code: Select all

Settings.SetTotalBufferSize_AllType = 0; //It sets the total It sets the total It sets the total (KB)
Settings.SetInitialBufferSize_AllType = 0; // It sets the initial buffered data size before start playback (KB)
Settings.SetPendingBufferSize_AllType = 0; //It sets the minimum data size which goes out from buffering, when media player is on buffering status (KB)
//If the Value < 1ms then set default Value
Settings.SetInitialTimeOut_AllType = 0; //It sets the maximum time out value for initial buffering before starting playback (ms)
sorry for my english
meiser
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by meiser »

Don't get me wrong, I very much like your app. WIth my reports, I just try to make the app better suit my needs (because I'm going to install it at my parents' TV, and they are not very tech-savvy).

Yes, I saw the description in the Settings.js, but I could find out what the default values are for my E series TV.
wluczykijwf

Post by wluczykijwf »

meiser wrote:Don't get me wrong, I very much like your app. WIth my reports, I just try to make the app better suit my needs (because I'm going to install it at my parents' TV, and they are not very tech-savvy).
Don't get me wrong also :) I am very grateful for each report and suggestion or new idea, but I can't simple fix everything, especially in the series other than F. :)
Also, still all about it write here, please! :ugeek:
meiser wrote:Yes, I saw the description in the Settings.js, but I could find out what the default values are for my E series TV.
I don't know. I've developed it that if set value 0 then a player start with default parameters, but I don't know the values. The values knows Samsung :D

BTW: How do you start an app when TV turn on?
sorry for my english
meiser
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by meiser »

I use libRunWidget to start OnlineTV (it's the last one in /mnt/etc/init.d/).
wluczykijwf

Post by wluczykijwf »

meiser wrote:I use libRunWidget to start OnlineTV (it's the last one in /mnt/etc/init.d/).
That's good :D
I'll see what I can do with your issue :)
sorry for my english
wluczykijwf

Post by wluczykijwf »

meiser wrote: [...] What I found out is that if I use another widget in SmartHub and then exit SmartHub, the stream starts to play. If I just start SmartHub and exit immediately, I have to switch the channel so that the stream starts again. [...]
I have developed checker do stream is play. I need your test :D You replace the Main.js and the Player.js scripts in main OnlineTV directory, and share log.
sorry for my english
meiser
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by meiser »

Hi,

here are the logs. It's not working that well. The channels often don't load automatically, SmartHub was exited forcefully, and I couldn't start it again as the screen was totally distorted.

Regards,
meiser

Return to “[F] Software”